• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Error 2002: bad public atom

hefe3

I used Clone DVD Mobile with no problems on my old computer (XP) but I am now using a machine with Vista on it and I am having a problem getting the movie file to play. A screen pops up that says "Error - 2002: A bad public atom was found in the movie."

I can copy just fine and everything looks normal but the file is corrupt when I try to play it.

I copied some of my "good" files from the old computer to the new one and even some of them now have the same errors, but not all of them. 50%.

Also, I can copy a file from the new computer to a flash drive and it will play from there on the new computer, but if I put it back on the hard drive it will not work again.

Also, since I wrote this I have successfully copied Eragon on the new compu and it will play on the new compu straight from the harddrive. Borat and Flyboys were both corrupted but will play on the old computer even though they were ripped on the new one.

???????
Hefe3

Last edited:
I have the same problem out of Shrek, cant get to on my ipod with this problem. does anyone know how to fix this, or what can be used? I have tried nero also, with the same error report and code.

Solution:

Can't claim to understand this but found it elsewhere - sure it can be easily accomodated into CloneDVD Mobile but:

- I have a bunch of MP4s ripped from DVD of the kids films for them to watch on iPods
- On XP they load into iTunes and play in Quicktime fine - so go onto the iPod
- In Vista, I get the bad atom error from Quicktime and they won't load into iTunes and therefore no iPod

If you download "AtomicParsley" which can be used to set metadata on MP4 files and just set any metadata, e.g. --Artist "Me" using this tool, then it all works fine.

iTunes just seems to be very sensitive to metadata in Vista and CloneDVD Mobile must set or not set something it cares about.

Note it takes about 5 mins per file - why that is I have no idea!

Hope this helps you, it eliminated the need to dual-boot for me so I was pleased.

The Atomic Parsley did not work for me.

I am running Vista Ultimate and just installed iTunes 7.3 so I could use my iPhone. When I convert a video to an .mp4 file it plays in QuickTime and will import into iTunes on XP only but throw a "bad public movie atom" error when in Vista.

Obviously it is a Vista - iTunes/QT issue but let us know if anyone finds a workaround until thwy fix the problem.

Thanks,

The Atomic Parsley did not work for me.

I am running Vista Ultimate and just installed iTunes 7.3 so I could use my iPhone. When I convert a video to an .mp4 file it plays in QuickTime and will import into iTunes on XP only but throw a "bad public movie atom" error when in Vista.

Obviously it is a Vista - iTunes/QT issue but let us know if anyone finds a workaround until thwy fix the problem.

Thanks,

Don't count on SlySoft addressing this issue.

This fellow has posted a fix to the bad atom error and it worked for me ... and several others acording to his blog...
http://wjarrettc.blogspot.com/2007/07/howto-fix-error-2002-bad-public-atom.html

hope this helps

Yes, this works for me! There's a small trick, though. After inflating the files, naturally you wouldthink you would click on the .exe (in this case, AtomicParsley-utf8.exe) to start the program.

But No! You must click and run "Tagger.Jar" not the .exe.

it did solve for me and many other aas per the problem... nywys please be more specific about the problem incase it is not working

I used Clone DVD Mobile with no problems on my old computer (XP) but I am now using a machine with Vista on it and I am having a problem getting the movie file to play. A screen pops up that says "Error - 2002: A bad public atom was found in the movie."

I can copy just fine and everything looks normal but the file is corrupt when I try to play it.

I copied some of my "good" files from the old computer to the new one and even some of them now have the same errors, but not all of them. 50%.

Also, I can copy a file from the new computer to a flash drive and it will play from there on the new computer, but if I put it back on the hard drive it will not work again.

Also, since I wrote this I have successfully copied Eragon on the new compu and it will play on the new compu straight from the harddrive. Borat and Flyboys were both corrupted but will play on the old computer even though they were ripped on the new one.

???????
Hefe3

IF you have the files saved on an external drive (or even if they were at ANY point saved on an external drive), go to your manuf's website and download the latest firmware upgrade for that external drive. Worked for me and solved ALL my .dmg issues, ALL my public movie atom issues, and all my "Error 4960" issues.

If the files became "corrupt" at some point (while they were on an external drive) - copying them to another location would only be making copies of broken files. You have to go back to the drive (hopefully they are still there). Keeping the files ON the drive, update the firmware. Everything came back for me, instantly. Whew!

mannox@gmail.com

Right-click on the file, re-name from 'mp4' to 'mpg' and use another media player such as VLC to view the movie.

Bad movie atom with quicktime

Please use "full zoom" or "no zoom" instead of "half zoom" on the CloneDVD mobile Output Method screen.

Back