• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Equals NA screenpass correct playlist?

fdisker2000

AnyDVD doesn't tell me the correct playlist for the North American version of Equals. Attached is the log.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.1_Info_K_EQUALS.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
No, as playlists for new discs are handled through the opd, not new anydvd versions

Which means nothing as your version can be different from his.

and your point is? You've got standard releases, steelbooks, collectors, 1 disk, 2 disk, 3 disk editions... all of them although the same movie, can have a different playlist for each one of them. No logfile = no playlist.

As ch3vy has stated. If it's an original disc containing Screenpass (playlist obfuscation) on it . And it doesn't give you the correct playlist in the AnyDVDHD information window after scanning (decryption) is completed. Then please do as requested and submit a logfile for the development team to update the OPD. That is the only way to do it. And the only way it will ever be fixed. There's no personal information about the USER in it. Only information about the disc.

Bought on amazon.com (US)
Equals Blu-ray United States
Blu-ray + UltraViolet Lionsgate Films | 2015 | 101 min | Not rated | Sep 06, 2016
AnyDVD gives me 00612.MPLS that's my point.
I really don't need any help, AnyDVD ripped this so-so blu-ray title perfectly, as always, and it played just fine, I'm out of here... for now. :D

I hope it's okay if I jump in on this thread since it's exactly what my post is about. I am using AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.3 and it identifies 701 as the correct playlist for this BR version of Equals, but it is not. The disk is a rental North American disk from Netflix and I am ripping the disk to the HD, then using Handbrake. The mp4 is created, but the scenes are out of order (opening credits near the end). I have attached the log file. Any help with the correct playlist would be most appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.4.3_Info_Z_EQUALS.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
I hope it's okay if I jump in on this thread since it's exactly what my post is about. I am using AnyDVD HD 8.0.4.3 and it identifies 701 as the correct playlist for this BR version of Equals, but it is not. The disk is a rental North American disk from Netflix and I am ripping the disk to the HD, then using Handbrake. The mp4 is created, but the scenes are out of order (opening credits near the end). I have attached the log file. Any help with the correct playlist would be most appreciated.

I just double-checked, there isn't even a pinch of doubt, that 701 is the correct playlist.
You can verify that using CloneBD to create an MP4 or MKV (or simply use it to playback playlist #701).

I don't use handbrake, but isn't handbrake one of those programs, that renumber the whole playlists, so you have no chance picking the one you want?

Thanks! It really helps to know where to troubleshoot. I have MakeMKV installed, so I'm going to try burning 701 with that and see if it comes out in the right order. It didn't occur to me that Handbrake would identify the correct playlist, but then not actually follow it. Handbrake does renumber the lists, but it still shows the filename, so you can still choose the 701 playlist file. Here's a screenshot. It should work, and it usually does, but that obviously doesn't mean that it will work every time. I'll post back here once I run MakeMKV and document what happens.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-10-06 17.06.14.png
    Screenshot 2016-10-06 17.06.14.png
    129.1 KB · Views: 13
Well, I don't think it's a Handbrake problem. Burning 701 with MakeMKV seems to give me the exact same scene order as with Handbrake. I didn't watch the movie through, but the movie starts without opening credits and they are inserted near the end. Make MKV shows the following segment map for 00701.mpls on this BR disk: 502,505,507,508,512,501,509,510,503,515,506,514,504,513,511. You are saying that this is definitely correct?

Well, I don't think it's a Handbrake problem. Burning 701 with MakeMKV seems to give me the exact same scene order as with Handbrake. I didn't watch the movie through, but the movie starts without opening credits and they are inserted near the end. Make MKV shows the following segment map for 00701.mpls on this BR disk: 502,505,507,508,512,501,509,510,503,515,506,514,504,513,511. You are saying that this is definitely correct?

First of all: you don't have to rip or copy or burn to verify that playlist, that's an enormous waste of time. AnyDVD doesn't require copying to do its magic, it happens on the fly in the background, in other words: as soon as AnyDVD is running, the disc is virtually unprotected.
Just use CloneBD, select the playlist, play it and see directly what is happening.
CloneBD is simply the better tool and it will also graphically display the "cuts" between the sequences, so you have a means of determining what might be wrong and which clip should be placed where.

And yes, I'm pretty sure, it's correct.
I can't see the content of that movie from here, maybe they are no "opening credits" but instead some "closing credits" - could be meant that way.
I went up and down the code from that disc, from all I can tell, it has to be playlist #701.

Yeah, perhaps there are no opening credits... not even a title. I downloaded CloneBD and it does exactly what the other two did, which makes sense because they were all following 701. I have read that there are all sorts of union rules that require certain opening credits, but perhaps this was an indie film in spite of being produced by well-known people, and exempt from all that. I don't know, but I do know that I've put you to enough trouble already, and I've also probably spent more time than this particular movie is worth. Thanks for all the help.

Back