• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Enhancement request - Region setting

DVD_Tinker

Not sure which forum this belongs in (Mods please move if needed)

I was disappointed that AnyDVD failed on 4 of 5 DVDs this weekend. Very suspicious after just updating the AnyDVD version.
Researching the forums I saw many (MANY!) replies stating "set the drive region code".
Erroneously proud of myself for having already checked that setting in AnyDVD, I knew that couldn't be my problem.

Even the popup help confirmed I'd completed that necessary step.
upload_2019-9-15_7-38-24.png

Then, after James responded with that same phrase I knew additional research was needed.
There was no indication that AnyDVD had independent settings for the region.

Please add a line to the settings page so future users will know there are 2 settings with the same/similar name

upload_2019-9-15_7-50-35.png

Or, at a minimum, update the popup help to explain these dual entries.

Last edited:
That message specifically states the region ANYDVD will use, not the region your DRIVE will use ;) The fact that you updated anydvd is just a coincidence, nothing else. New DVD protections are handled by anydvd versions.

Yes, as of today *I* understand that difference. My suggestion is to make it clearer in the tool itself.

(oh, and I mention the 4 of 5 fails to indicate my incentive to begin research)

I believe that request has already been made a while ago, i THINK @James said he'd look into it to even have anydvd set the region for the user. Not sure, nor any promised if it can be done.

Back