• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Endeavour Season 3

marinco

Problems with Endeavour season 3 DVD's. See attached log files.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.0_Info_F_Endeavour S3 D1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_7.6.9.0_Info_F_Endeavour S3 D2.ziplog
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Don't log files tell you what's wrong? Same problems as for Grantchester season 2, which you say you fixed. Quality rating low, CRC errors reported by CloneDVD2.

I didn't say it fix anything. Pete did. The BLU-RAY versions were fixed based on the logfiles you provided, that does not mean the dvd versions are magically fixed too. DVD's have an entirely different file structure as well as protection mechanisms. The logfiles you provided currently show nothing wrong with them. Could you please provide the EXACT error message you received from CloneDVD? Combined with the dvd logfiles it will enable the developers too take a closer look

CloneDVD2 sees more episodes than there actually are on a single disk, resulting in a quality assessment of 69% (contents won't fit on a DVD-DL disk), and then reports:

F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_21_4.VOB: read error
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
If reading the media has failed (etc.)
[File 1 F:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_21_4.VOB 23 PictureReader]

This is a PBS-authored disk. It shows the identical symptoms as Grantchester season 2, which I believe you fixed previously. It's likely the same root cause.

i wouldn't exactly call 69% compression low, but it may be a new protection. However i must say again, i didn't fix anything. Pete was the one that said "Fixed" and only for the BLU-RAY logfiles you provided. When a blu-ray version is fixed, that's handled throught the OPD and does NOT mean that the matching dvd version is magically fixed too. DVD's use an entirely different file structure and protection mechanism.

If this is a new protection, then a new anydvd version will be required. DVD protections are handled through anydvd versions. Now it's in the hands of the developers.

This is a PBS-authored disk. It shows the identical symptoms as Grantchester season 2, which I believe you fixed previously. It's likely the same root cause.

Grantchester season 2 (and 20-30 other titles, too) was fixed with AnyDVD 8.0.4.0. Protection is similar, so if you upgrade to AnyDVD 8.0.4.0 or better, all should be good. You can use the trial version to check it out.

Last edited:
I used up the free trial while waiting for the Grantchester fix. Couldn't even check out that fix.

I used up the free trial while waiting for the Grantchester fix. Couldn't even check out that fix.
There are two possible solutions:
1.) You trust me, when I say "it will work", and buy a RedFox AnyDVD license
2.) You contact support, explain the problem, provide the number of your trial license and ask for an additional trial period.

Back