• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Endeavor 3 & Granchester 1 Second Title is Empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

riw

Y'all --

I've been trying to make a copy to mp4 of the latest Endeavor and Granchester DVDs. I've tried a couple of different ways, specifically using AnyDVD along with Handbrake, and then using AnyDVD to make a copy on the hard drive of the video_ts directory, and then using Handbrake to convert from this directory to mp4 (or m4v). In both cases, the first of the two movies on the disc will create a correct copy, but the second will not. I've included the AnyDVD log file for one of the discs.

Has anyone else run into this? Any ideas?

Russ

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.9.0_Info_E_Endeavour S3 D1.ziplog
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
define "will not create correct copy". What's happening? You don't need to create logfiles for "one" of the discs, you need to provide a logfile for the one that's giving you problems.

define "will not create correct copy". What's happening? You don't need to create logfiles for "one" of the discs, you need to provide a logfile for the one that's giving you problems.

I thought I said above in the title -- it is empty. The second movie file, in each case, is 0 seconds long. The file is created, but there is no content. There are two discs that are producing the same effect (actually three). I'm a bit confused by your statement about the log file -- I _did_ provide a log file for one of the discs that is having a problem.

Russ

'the file is created but no content', which file by what?

Does the rip play correctly or the original with anydvd active in something like powerdvd? If it does, then anydvd did it's job and it's not an anydvd problem. If you convert and handbrake almost instantly aborts, then that same issue got asked yet again only a couple of days ago, a few weeks ago and on average at least once a month. In that case the forum search is a very useful invention.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

'the file is created but no content', which file by what?

The m4v file is created, but has no content. It is zero seconds long.

Does the rip play correctly...

No. Otherwise, I wouldn't be asking.

...or the original with anydvd active in something like powerdvd?

In fact, nothing plays correctly with anydvd active on this machine -- at least not any disc I've tried. I can rip while anydvd is active, but not play.

If you convert and handbrake almost instantly aborts, then that same issue got asked yet again only a couple of days ago, a few weeks ago and on average at least once a month. In that case the forum search is a very useful invention.

So is reading, as it turns out. Handbrake does not abort. It succeeds. If you would have read my original title, you would have known what the problem is without asking me twice more. If you had read my description, you would know that Handbrake does not abort, it succeeds. The file it produces, however, is empty.

Further, I not only searched this forum, I actually searched on the Internet, and specifically/specifically in the Handbrake forum, as well <gasp!>. Everything I'm reading points to a problem in the anydvd decode, hence I asked here to see if anyone else was seeing something similar, etc. I'll open a case with redfox directly, as the forum troll has already decided he knows everything without needing to actually read anything.

Russ

I found it -- it wasn't handbrake or anydvd -- it was some other video player installed on the machine. The village troll can now stand down, his foe vanquished, his pride almost completely intact. There will be more windmills at which to tilt, I'm certain, in the future, to show the fullness of thy trollness.

Russ

Well if you're going the 'you should have known route with me', well... YOU should have known if couldn't be an anydvd problem since anydvd doesn't convert to mp4/m4v. I have read the topic and had an idea as to what it could have been. You said that it would not create a correct copy. You did NOT say handbrake fully did the encode.

Now on top of that and posting in the wrong section you're insulting forum staff for troll, claiming I know everything when I was simply going down my checklist of potential causes well... Topic moved and locked. I kindly remind you to read forum rule 1 again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back