• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

end result

stacygreen

:confused: I I have been a user of Any DVD for 7 months at least. I have always used Any Dvd and DVD shrink. In the past couple of weeks, every movie I have tried to burn comes out with slow spots or skips on playback. I read the forum and switched to Clone DVD. I recorded Open Season, and it still has two spots where it stops and starts or slows. Is it my computer, my software, what would cause this problem? I have had it with Open Seaso, The Illusionist, The Guardian....Some friends suggested switching to DVD Decrypter and DVDFAB Decrypter, but I really like Any DVD. This is getting really frustrating. Help?

stacygreen said:
In the past couple of weeks, every movie I have tried to burn comes out with slow spots or skips on playback.

Please visit
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476
Ensure you read the first 3 steps.

The skipping is due to one of or a combination of

1) Bad quality media (try something better)
2) Your burn speed and/or burn quality (try burning slower and update your burner's firmware)
3) your dvd player (see point #2 and #3 in the link I provided above).

In the future, please answer the appropriate questions from this post:
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=393

In this case, #5, #6, and #7 would be useful.

By the way, this is not an Anydvd issue.

ok I have a Dell Dimension E510 with a 16x DVD +/- burner. Running on Windows XP. How do you check your firmware or update it?

ok I have a Dell Dimension E510 with a 16x DVD +/- burner. Running on Windows XP. How do you check your firmware or update it?

With Anydvd running on your toolbar, right click it, and choose "settings". Click "status" on the left. Select the drive letter that corresponds with your burner on the right. Copy and paste the information in that window for me to see here (hold left mouse button and drag mouse over the text; then right click the mouse button; select "copy". Bring the mouse cursor to your post; right click; and then select "paste").

Here is an example of what I want:

"No Disc is present in Drive E:!
PLEXTOR DVDRPX-760A 1.06 12/26/0609:00"

This tells me that my burner is a Plextor PX-760A with firmware 1.06.

Maybe I can update it. Let's find out.

1. I visit www.google.com
2. I search for Plextor
3. I find www.plextor.com
4. I select my country
5. I click on "support"; then I click "downloads"
6. Then I click "firmware upgrades"
7. Then I look for "PX-760", which is my burner model
8. I click the link for PX-760, and the site tells me the latest firmware for
my burner is 1.06, which is what I'm already using, so I don't don't have to download the file, read the instructions very carefully, and run the update. Otherwise, I should, probably, run the firware update if I didn't have 1.06 already installed.

The process for you is going to be similar, except you probably don't have a Plextor burner if you bought a Dell.

Last edited:
Back