• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Encoding when it doesn't need to

ron spencer

Why is CloneBD re-encoding? For example, if my output size is set to 25GB and the space I need is only 21.3, CloneBD should not encode at all...it should demux and remux at full quality. Why is re-encoding being done? In addition, my output is quite poor doing this. thx

The same problem here

I did choose a part of source disk, target is BD 25, the size of source is about 13Gb. Clone BD is reencoding this to 2.7 Gbyte size.. The result quality is very bad, of course.
I hope, it is only a bug, not a feature :)

Must be a bug...it should not encode when it does not need to.

You should post up a logfile for the disc that way they can take a look at what's going wrong. When the disc finishes hold down the 'Alt' key and it give you the option to either email it direct if you have a mail client set up or to save the logfile which you can then attach to your post on here.

I think the upper limit for BD25 needs increasing, for example i re-encoded a 48gb disk to bd25, stripping out all the extras and unwanted audio, leaving 2 main movies, and it came in over 2gb smaller (19.4gb) than with fab (21.7gb).
p.s. it needs option to keep main menu.

It decompressing a compressed format, and encoding it back to (mostly) the same compressed format albeit at a lower bitrate, is that not re-encoding?

I added this issue to our bug reports.
Thanks.

whatever you call it (re-encode, transcode) it does not matter...the program just needs a sanity check in it like CloneDVD...CloneDVD will say "Target size sufficient encoding disabled". With CloneBD in this case, just demux and remux.

V1.0.2.3 still transcodes when it does not need to. 50GB output selected...file size 23 gig. Transcode occurs. Can anyone else check?

Version 1.0 2.6 still recoding, when not needed

According changelog the version 1.0.2.6 should be free of this issue - isn't.

Back