• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Encoding to 720p

Rusty257

Anyone explaine to me what HD-SDI is. Is it the same as a regular HD signal? What i would like to do is. Play a HD DVD from my 360 using component or VGA, go into one of the products at http://www.aja.com/index.html then into a HD capture card and capture it at 720p.
The capture card only has an RF connector fot OTA HD. Could one of the aja products output to a signal that my capture card could recognize?

think i understand what SDI is now, thanks for ALL the responses. but still there must be a way to do this.

The Serial Digital Interface (SDI), standardized in ITU-R BT.656 and SMPTE 259M, is a digital video interface used for broadcast-grade video. A related standard, known as High Definition Serial Digital Interface (HD-SDI), is standardized in SMPTE 292M; this provides a nominal data rate of 1.485 Gbit/s. An emerging interface, commonly known in the industry as dual link and consisting essentially of a pair of SMPTE 292M links, is standardized in SMPTE 372M; this provides a nominal 2.970 Gbit/s interface used in applications (such as digital cinema) that require greater fidelity and resolution than standard HDTV can provide. A more recent interface, consisting of a single 2.97 Gbit/s serial link, is standardized in SMPTE 424M.

These standards are used for transmission of uncompressed, unencrypted digital video signals (optionally including embedded audio) within television facilities; they can also be used for packetized data. They are designed for operation over short distances; due to their high bitrates they are inappropriate for long-distance transmission. SDI and HD-SDI are currently only available in professional video equipment; various licensing agreements, restricting the use of unencrypted digital interfaces to professional equipment, prohibit their use in consumer equipment. (There are various mod kits for existing DVD players and other devices, which allow a user to add a serial digital interface to these devices).
That's what I found.

Back