Enchanted

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by toby3, Mar 23, 2008.

1. toby3

toby3 Member

Problem burning this movie using any dvd to rip to hard disk and then dvd shrink. Even after using anydvd to rip to hard disk it is STILL to big for shrink. Using version 6.4.0.0.:mad:

2. ridhst

ridhst Well-Known Member

I had no problems

I used AnyDVD 6.4.0.0 and CloneDVD 2.9.15 and it worked great

3. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

You need to set the size of the video in DVD Shrink as the file is too big. Not sure how to do this as I don't use DVD Shrink.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

This is an issue with Shrink--not Anydvd. Unselect in Shrink what you need to unselect to get the file size down. Or, quite often, you can just ignore the message, and Shrink still works fine.

5. toby3

toby3 Member

Clone DVD

I know another silly question, but if I purchase Clone DVD 2 to go along with ANYDVD which I already have, I should have all I need to make copies of dvd movies? Both programs together will encode decrypt & burn the copy for me??:confused:

6. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Pretty much, yes

Anydvd decrypts
    Clonedvd compresses and burns

7. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Not true. It is set to 4464MB by default.

8. Charlie

Then DVDS Shrink is becomeing usless if the compressed image is too big.

9. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

There are some titles that when imported are in the red regardless of the size you specified. The way I found to get around this the time I did try was to do Deep Analysis and ignore the notice that it wasn't necessary. It, in fact, was needed to get the size set correctly. I'm talking about doing this after having initially ripped the disc to your HDD. I think Good Luck Chuck may have been the one I tried. I can't remember now. This tends to happen with the newer Lions Gate releases from what I've read such as 3:10 to Yuma & Good Luck Chuck.

It does appear that for making full-disc backups things are becoming a bit more difficult with DVD Shrink.

10. Charlie

Thanks for the info DrinkLyeAndDie I rarely use it anymore unless asked.

11. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Shrink is far from becoming "useless". I use it for all of my backups with no problems. I said it was 4464MB by default. That was posted to correct to your post:
    4464MB will cause no problems using media. The size can be adjusted in Shrink to the users preference by going to Edit-Preferences-select Custom and adjust accordingly.....if so desired.