• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Embedded Closed Captions Not on my Roku

El Sifon

I think this a Roku issue but I'm not an expert on Closed Captions (cc).

When I download an mp4 with embedded cc and play it an app on my computer the cc shows up as expected.

When I watch the mp4 on my Plex server through my Roku the cc doesn't show. I've checked the setting on my Roku but the screen is telling me that there is now cc available.

Does someone know how to fix this?

Plex currently only supports the cc tag for movies. Check the file properties with Mediainfo, check at the bottom for subtitles.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Plex does support srt so I would just change over to use that.
Code:
https://support.plex.tv/articles/200471133-adding-local-subtitles-to-your-media/
Also, there are applications out there that you can use to extract the current subtitles you have to put them in srt.

Still won't help if youn want to use plex's specific cc tag support. It's currently only supported for movies, srt or not.

Extracted to an srt, Plex would simply recognize it as a standard subtitle track.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Back