Email address appears to be unreachable

Discussion in 'Purchase and License Keys' started by Jeffrey Yeatman, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Jeffrey Yeatman

Jeffrey Yeatman New Member

I'm trying to renew my license, and after figuring out how to get Bitcoin to pay for it, I'm getting a message saying my email address appears to be unreachable. It's a gmail address -- the same one I just used to register this forum user account. Can I still use it? All of my alternative email addresses give me the same message. Thoughts?

Thanks.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

Short answer: No,
    Long answer: Maybe, but you shouldn't. the checkout process contact's the hosts mail server to see if the mailbox can be reached, prior to completing checkout. (This because some providers simply drop the e-mails coming from redfox) This because the license key will be delivered instantly via e-mail. If it's possible to ignore the message and you still use it, your license key wouldn't arrive and you'd be back here at the forum saying you didn't receive your license key.

Does your ISP mailbox even have that problem too? Perhaps use a service like

Code:
    https://temp-mail.org/en/
    to setup a temporary mailbox, then contact customer support to change that mailbox to an actively monitored one.

Jeffrey Yeatman likes this.
  3. Ivan

Ivan Admin Staff Member

@Jeffrey Yeatman
    You should give it a try. In case you get no response within a minute, please contact me here with PM.