• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

ElbyCDIO 6.1.2.0 driver update

Ch3vr0n

Translator NL
@James Going to unlock this topic as probably others will ask too. Are only XP and Win 7 installations affected or other OS's too? Or in other words, should I (running Win 10 x64), run that setup too?

@James Going to unlock this topic as probably others will ask too. Are only XP and Win 7 installations affected or other OS's too? Or in other words, should I (running Win 10 x64), run that setup too?
You should use the update, cause you'll get the latest and greatest version! :)
(Next AnyDVD, CloneBD, VirtualCloneDrive, CloneCD, CloneDVD update will get it anyway)

But your OS is not affected by the exploit, so there is no urgent need. I'm not sure about 32 bit versions of Windows 8 & 10, but AFAIK 64 bit versions aren't.

Good to know, and others can now be assured too. Now get back to work on the next version ;)

@James: oddly enough i just installed. IMGburn still reports 6191. Though with a logfile it does get identified as 6120

Last edited:
On my clean install of Windows 10 Pro Creators Update x64 the install succeeds but doesn't want to play nice.

Failed to init ElbyCDIO!

As a result all software needing to use it fails, obviously.

Last edited:
That update hasn't been pushed to my system yet. Maybe your launch failure is the same reason why IMGBurn reports it as 6191

Good to know, and others can now be assured too. Now get back to work on the next version ;)

@James: oddly enough i just installed. IMGburn still reports 6191. Though with a logfile it does get identified as 6120

I have no idea where ImgBurn pulls the ElbyCDIO version from. The actual product version for the current ElbyCDIO - not this update - is 6.1.1.0 and the file version is 6.1.1.3 yet ImgBurn claims it is 6.1.9.1.

Last edited:
Successfully completed installation of CDIO on 64 bit W7.
Upon subsequent re-loading of RedFox/Elby products. Error msg stating failed to init Elby CDIO. And again after a restart of Windows.
Will reinstalling latest AnyDvDHD return the Driver back to previous version. Or do I need to uninstall the driver ONLY.
And yes I have admin privileges.

Successfully completed installation of CDIO on 64 bit W7.
Upon subsequent re-loading of RedFox/Elby products. Error msg stating failed to init Elby CDIO. And again after a restart of Windows.
Will reinstalling latest AnyDvDHD return the Driver back to previous version. Or do I need to uninstall the driver ONLY.
And yes I have admin privileges.

Given that ElbyCDIO.sys failed to init then you should be able to manually delete it without it being locked. I removed it manually and then reinstalled AnyDVD and everything is running normally again.

See stuff like that is precisely why i unlocked this topic. Now we can have 1 dedicated topic to the new driver update & issues, and not fill up the board :)

Given that ElbyCDIO.sys failed to init then you should be able to manually delete it without it being locked. I removed it manually and then reinstalled AnyDVD and everything is running normally again.
Can you give me and anyone else who might need it. A refresher on how to find and do that.

It's located in Windows\System32\Drivers

a simple press of the "delete" button should work just fine since the file shouldn't be "locked" because of "in use"

The file in question is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys. You can remove it via Windows Explorer, command-line, etc. Just be careful not to mess with anything else. :)
Before deleting it, can you please try this:
Open a command prompt with admin rights. Type
net start elbycdio
Does the driver start? Do you get an error message, and if yes, which one?

EDIT:
Has your PC secure boot enabled?
What was the first Windows 10 installation on your PC? Original Windows 10? First big update? Second big update? Third big (Creators) update?

Last edited:
The file in question is C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys. You can remove it via Windows Explorer, command-line, etc. Just be careful not to mess with anything else. :)

Note: Do not confuse it with ElbyCDFL.sys.
Thanks for this. All is well again now.
Just wishing I hadn't already done an uninstall.
Lost ALL my cache information.:(
:banghead:

@James
Things happen when trying to improve the program. But I think that there needs to be a way to save cache information when uninstalling like it does for reg information.
Thanks

net start elbycdio

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
(c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>net start elbycdio
System error 577 has occurred.

Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.

C:\Windows\system32>

Well it installed fine on my system and all redfox/elby software relying on it (anydvd, VCD restarted just fine after the installation). I am NOT running creators update yet. Still up-to-date anniversary update. I have no intention on pushing CU onto my system until it gets pushed by windows update. Though if there's something i can do @James let me know

net start elbycdio

EDIT:
Has your PC secure boot enabled?
What was the first Windows 10 installation on your PC? Original Windows 10? First big update? Second big update? Third big (Creators) update?
@nebostrangla: Drinky was too quick. Can you try this?

Well it installed fine on my system and all redfox/elby software relying on it (anydvd, VCD restarted just fine after the installation). I am NOT running creators update yet. Still up-to-date anniversary update. I have no intention on pushing CU onto my system until it gets pushed by windows update. Though if there's something i can do @James let me know
I am running CU and the driver update works fine.

Back