• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Editing m2ts files in Premiere Pro

woofwoof

I have Adobe Premiere Pro and I thought it would be a bit of fun to rip some of my favourite Blu-Ray movies to disc, with the intention of editing selected scenes into a compilation.

This was remarkably easy to do with AnyDVD HD. In each case, the main movie appeared to be stored in a file called 0002.m2ts and importing this file into Premiere Pro produced a video track and a 5.1 audio track. However...

I'm very much showing my ignorance in how an m2ts file stores audio, but I was a little surprised to see that Premiere Pro had only created a single audio track. Rather annoyingly, in the cases that I tried, the track was indeed 5.1 surround, but it contained an annoying narration on top of the regular audio, seemingly for the blind, with some chap describing every move made by the actors.

It's quite possibly a problem with Premiere itself, but I would have expected to see a number of audio tracks created, including the unwanted narration.

Has anyone else had any success in using Premiere Pro with ripped m2ts files?

Thanks.

Premiere doesn't support any kind of HD audio or DTS on the timeline so it's defaulting to the first audio track it can decode, you may also find that you'll have problems depending on the video codec used.

I think this tutorial on Google should be helpful to you. Good luck!
Welcome to the Forum.

I hope that it --your link--will help the people on this thread, but I think that they've moved on to other things, since this thread has been dead for 8 years, 1 week, 2 days. Or, to put it in number of days, about 2931 days to be exact.

:)

Well, I found it interesting, although I haven't checked the tutorial.
Didn't even notice it was 2009... :cool:

Welcome to the Forum.

I hope that it --your link--will help the people on this thread, but I think that they've moved on to other things, since this thread has been dead for 8 years, 1 week, 2 days. Or, to put it in number of days, about 2931 days to be exact.
spammers don't really care about whether threads are dead or not ;)

Back