• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Editing CLIPINF (*.CLPI or *.CPI)

Added drag'n'drop (folder into the GUI or EXE to start) in v0.05b

I need to change stream type from V_MPEG2 to V_AVC. But corresponding drop-down box is disabled for some reason. How to do it?

I don't think you can as that would involve having to reencode the footage from mpeg2 to h264

CLPI specification

Great program!

Did you (or anyone) find the CLPI specification somewhere?
Or did you figure it out by trial and error?
I'm in need of making a program to generate very simple BD menus for a collection of videos. HDMV should be more than sufficient and there's no need for fancy BD-J stuff in my case. But information on these file formats sure aren't posted on the wall of my grocery store here... And neither anywhere google too easily can reach it. Any chance you're willing to share what you've discovered about the internals of CLPI files?

Thanks!

Ingvar

Great program!

Did you (or anyone) find the CLPI specification somewhere?
Or did you figure it out by trial and error?
I'm in need of making a program to generate very simple BD menus for a collection of videos. HDMV should be more than sufficient and there's no need for fancy BD-J stuff in my case. But information on these file formats sure aren't posted on the wall of my grocery store here... And neither anywhere google too easily can reach it. Any chance you're willing to share what you've discovered about the internals of CLPI files?

Thanks!

Ingvar
Sorry to deliver the bad news... The BDA wants some money from you for this information:

http://www.blu-raydisc.info/format_spec/obtain_specs.php

http://www.blu-raydisc.info/format_spec/obtain_specs_manu.php

AFAIK the information isn't available (yet?) the public.

The best places toget some info are:

Google (look for the patents)
BD Demuxer Pro
BDInfo source
Doom9 (there are various snippets posted)

there are various pointers at the begining of the file that relate to blocks. these blocks always start with lengths and then sub pointers.

I started on a MPLS editor but lost interest along the way.

Can we increase the length of the file in the CPI?

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for this fantastic application. I just have a small doubt maybe you can solve. Any help in this issue will be greatly appreciated!!

I am a film student and I am totally new to the AVHCD domain. I just bought a Panasonic HDC-TM300 for a documentary project and I recorded my first 3 hour long footage on Saturday. It is in 29 smaller MTS files.

I copied the MTS files on my external hard drive and formatted the Card for next recording. My fault? I did not copy the CPI's!!!

Now I needed to convert them to P2 format for editing in AVID using Mainconcept AVHCD Transcoder for Panasonic Cameras. The software would not recognize the MTS files without the CPI's.

So I went back to my camera and recorded 29 two second clips. That generated 29 CPI files. I transferred my original MTS files in this new folder hierarchy and then used your CLIPINF editor to fix the headers.

What it ended up doing was that it told the transcoder that all my files are two second long. Some of my files are 4 GB and still render to P2 as two second long files. But if I play the MTS file in Windows media player, it plays for 25 minutes.

Now your application has the "stream information" section that addresses the "number of packets" variable. Does that value decide the length of the file that the transcoder will see?

Is there a way to give a custom length to that variable so that the transcoder sees the file for the length that it is?

It also has a hex value. how are the number of packets calculated?

I am terribly sorry for this trouble but I really don't want to lose the footage that I have just because of this first time mistake. Is there anyway you can help?

Thank you very much!

Regards
Satish More

Hi Mike,

Thank you so much for this fantastic application. I just have a small doubt maybe you can solve. Any help in this issue will be greatly appreciated!!

I am a film student and I am totally new to the AVHCD domain. I just bought a Panasonic HDC-TM300 for a documentary project and I recorded my first 3 hour long footage on Saturday. It is in 29 smaller MTS files.

I copied the MTS files on my external hard drive and formatted the Card for next recording. My fault? I did not copy the CPI's!!!

Now I needed to convert them to P2 format for editing in AVID using Mainconcept AVHCD Transcoder for Panasonic Cameras. The software would not recognize the MTS files without the CPI's.

So I went back to my camera and recorded 29 two second clips. That generated 29 CPI files. I transferred my original MTS files in this new folder hierarchy and then used your CLIPINF editor to fix the headers.

What it ended up doing was that it told the transcoder that all my files are two second long. Some of my files are 4 GB and still render to P2 as two second long files. But if I play the MTS file in Windows media player, it plays for 25 minutes.

Now your application has the "stream information" section that addresses the "number of packets" variable. Does that value decide the length of the file that the transcoder will see?

Is there a way to give a custom length to that variable so that the transcoder sees the file for the length that it is?

It also has a hex value. how are the number of packets calculated?

I am terribly sorry for this trouble but I really don't want to lose the footage that I have just because of this first time mistake. Is there anyway you can help?

Thank you very much!

Regards
Satish More
Hi Satish, did you find a solution to your problem? I too am not able to make CPI files good enough to import my MTS files. The problem is that if my mts time is longer than de cpi file I get the length of the cpi file in iMovie (Mac), but when my mts time is shorter than the time defined in cpi file It doesn't import anything.

gr.,Josip

Why not just run all files through tsMuxeR and create a Blu-Ray structure. tsMuxeR creates the .CLPI files for you.

GPS data in CLPI ??

Hi,
My sony AVCHD camcorder stores GPS data for each movie clip, and I think it is stored in the CLIPINF files (because I saw there the "WGS-84" string) (and since I couldn't find it the metadata of the video MTS files)...

Is it possible to check that the GPS data is indeed stored in the CLIPINF files?
I've downloaded an HEX editor and openned a few files, but I cannot understand what I see...

In case it is stored in the CLIPINF files, will it be possible to add the GPS data to the CLIPINF EDITOR ? (in order to see and extract that data)

Thanks,
Koby

Mike,

Wonder if you might be able to help. I have a Sony DCS-HX5V camera that rather nicely has a GPS receiver and embeds recorded GPS values to the EXIF header of JPEG images. The camera also records AVCHD format movies and I am guessing that in this case the GPS data is written to the CLIPINF file. I am importing the MTS files into iMovie on a Mac but iMovie does not read the CLIPINF files. I would like to extract the GPS info using something like AppleScript but I do not understand the CLIPINF file format or tags that might point to the GPS data. Is this someting you could help me with?

I don't really have anything to offer in return so guess I am appealing to you goodwill!

Any help much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Rod

Sorry, my knowledge of the CLPI contents is pretty limited. You'll probably find someone over on Doom9 that can help.

Hope not a silly question

When converting a mkv 1920 x 800 back to Blu-ray with TsMuxer and then burn to disk with imgburn to play in Sony BDP - S360 bluray player, the borders are gone and the video is stretched to full screen, long heads :( I know the clpi can be adjusted to read 720p or 1080p if needed. According to BDEdit the clipinf all ready shows 1080p,23.976, 16:9. The movie is actually 2.35:1 ratio.If you open the m2ts file with media info it shows the movie as 1920 x 800 and 2:35.1. Can the clpi be change or edited so that the player plays it properly, with the borders?
I seen on a web site you could open up the clpi with a hex editor and change things.
This is a movie I encode with x264 at that resolution as to not encode the black bars and focus on the movie itself. When you play it with mpc-hc or power Dvd 11 the movie plays correctly (with borders top and bottom 2:35.1)

Is the CLIPINF editor still available for download? The download link via the first post of this thread isn't working. :-(

Link updated

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hi

Thx mike_r for this post you have helped me alot I think, but can't quite achieve my goal.

I use DVD Architect to make Bluray ISO's and have placed a button on the video to take me back to the most recent menu. I do this with dummy videos and then change with better quality in the Bluray Structure and using BDedit. The problem is the button dosent work with the edited Bluray. Please see the attached trials I attempted to do this.Trial 1 with BDedit and Trial 2 with CLIPINF Editor and BDedit. Any help to get this to work would be greatly appreciated, thx

Richard

Attachments

• Trial 1.pdf
    415.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Trial 2.pdf
    314.5 KB · Views: 3
Back