• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Editing a title episode of a mp4 file...

mustangdmg

The title of an episode appears on Plex like this (I'm using a Family Guy episode as an example); Family Guy (S21E15): Adoption. I can edit a title right clicking the mp4 file and go to Details. But it's time consuming if I edit each episode. Is there any way I can set preferences on AS? I know I can edit the file name in the settings' Dowload tab but not the title in a mp4 file's properties.

I edited the file the way I like.
AS DL Tab.png

On the property general, the title is of the file is what I intended...
AS Property Gen.png
But on the property detail, this is the title we see on Plex or any media server. This is what I'm asking, changing this to "Adoption" instead of the whole thing.
AS Property Detail.png

Seems you have to correct your Plex configuration ...
My Plex get's it's data from TheTVDB or TheMovieDB no matter the filename or title description.
The thing you mention I can see nowhere in Plex

It would appear Windows is reading that info from the metadata stored with the file.
- AS doesn't edit the file, so it won't change metadata.
- You could technically use a metadata editor and change it.
- You can convert it to MKV and change the title that will appear...but again, this is changing metadata. You would
have to do it to every file manually.

As Cartman already mentioned Plex should be reading the filename to ascertain metadata it will pull from external sources. It is that external data it will show you. HOWEVER you have to name the fill appropriately for Plex to pull the correct data automatically.

Here is a link to that info.

Code:
https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming-and-organizing-your-movie-media-files/

If you really must change it ... there's MP3tag ... it has a "Filename to Tag" feature ... I read, it also works for MP4 (y)

try metaX. i bought it thinking ill be able to get super nerdy and write codec, resolution along with imdb info, bbut nope. you can edit and enter a tonne of data, but no video and audio codec info, resolution, bitrate etc. also, you can batch so...

Back