• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVI Splitter Problem

Carandiru

I have a lcd monitor shared with my lcd tv. Using a powered DVI splitter I just got found out that it isn't HDCP compliant. So if I try using ArcSoft TotalMediaPlayer to play my blu-ray's and dvd's all I get is a strange multicolored snow on the HDTV.
Blu-ray's are decrypted ok with DVDFab Passkey, if I try playing a Bluray without it on the HDTV I get the multicolored snow, with it It shows multicolored snow for a couple of seconds then I get the HD picture and everything is fine.
BUT DVD's I get multicolored snow either way, no DVDFab Passkey or enabled it still is multicolored snow.

I have also tried AnyDVD HD (trial), and it yields the same results, blu-rays display ok pass the DVI splitter to my HDTV, but DVD's do not.
The DVI Splitter I'm using a a Thinklogical VDA-3, 1 in, 2 out. DVI to HDMI cable to my HDTV.

Not sure why this is in the AnyDVD HD forum, this is obviously an issue with either the screens or the splitter itself. DVD's don't use the HDCP protection. Have you tried playing out direct to each screen without the splitter?
It could be a graphics card driver issue, or playback software issue

I wasn't too sure which one it should go under as it works with Blu-ray's thru the DVI Splitter. And yes if I take the DVI splitter out of the equation, DVD's play good too.
1.) Blu-ray, no AnyDVD, thru DVI Splitter DVI-HDMI to TV, wierd multicolored snow.
2.) Blu-ray, AnyDVD Enabled, thru DVI Splitter DVI-HDMI to TV, working great!
3.) DVD, no AnyDVD, thru DVI Splitter DVI-HDMI to TV, wierd multicolored snow.
4.) DVD, AnyDVD Enabled, thru DVI Splitter DVI-HDMI to TV, wierd multicolored snow.

So yes I know DVD's don't use HDCP, but some different copy-protection. But I've proved AnyDVD, and DVDPasskey work with Blu-ray's thru the DVI Splitter when enabled, but not DVD's. So it has something todo with the copy-protection. Did I explain this well ?

It has nothing to do with copy protection as DVD's don't use HDCP copy protection.

Did you try using a different playback software for the DVD's?

I'll give PowerDVD trial a shot, but as I mentioned above I'm aware that HDCP isn't used by DVD's. HDCP is successfully removed from Blu-rays and play's on my HDTV thru the DVI Splitter. DVD's do not.

Which is why I said it has nothing to do with copy protection. Most DVD's use macrovision, which means if you were to get any kind of issues it would that the image would go lighter and darker all the time, not be a mass of multicolour. If you have Win 7 then just try playing back the DVD in media player

The issues you are having is because of the VDA-2 unit not being HDCP compliant. You will need a DVI Splitter that supports HDCP. I would recommend checking Part # DVI-SPL-2.

The issues you are having is because of the VDA-2 unit not being HDCP compliant. You will need a DVI Splitter that supports HDCP. I would recommend checking Part # DVI-SPL-2.

Euhm, nope. Carandiru already said that bluray plays fine so his splitter nor hdcp is the issue. Its DVDs that are giving problems and DVDs don't use hdcp. So his splitter is not the problem

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk

Euhm, nope. Carandiru already said that bluray plays fine so his splitter nor hdcp is the issue. Its DVDs that are giving problems and DVDs don't use hdcp. So his splitter is not the problem

Verstuurd van mijn HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e met Tapatalk
But he already said that if he removes the splitter then the DVD's also play fine, seems to me that the DVD signal is getting messed up when playing through the splitter

Back