• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD's read by certain drives but not others

d6985

Hello, I have a couple of non-encrypted dvds which I have tried to play on three different optical drives (1 bluray drive and 2 dvd drives) on my computer, but none of them will even read the disc.

One of the dvd drives is a desktop internal dvd-rw drive which is a few years old

The bluray drive is a usb Bluray drive

The second DVD Drive is a usb dvd writer I purchased new today.

The PS5 plays the disc perfectly.

Hello, I have a couple of non-encrypted dvds which I have tried to play on three different optical drives (1 bluray drive and 2 dvd drives) on my computer, but none of them will even read the disc.

One of the dvd drives is a desktop internal dvd-rw drive which is a few years old

The bluray drive is a usb Bluray drive

The second DVD Drive is a usb dvd writer I purchased new today.

The PS5 plays the disc perfectly.
How do you kow? What kind of discs? Movies? Please share what AnyDVD says in its status or better create a log file. Right click the fox. Create log file. AnyDVD has a trial period. You don't need to purchase it for that.

The dvd is of a TV Series, I have created a logfile

I have ripped other dvds in this pack without using anydvd.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_D_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    25.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Your drive D: is not activated for AnyDVD. Please check like in the picture.

EDIT: The drive is a DVD drive that can't read BDs.

upload_2023-2-1_11-58-26.png

Last edited:
The dvd is of a TV Series, I have created a logfile

I have ripped other dvds in this pack without using anydvd.
Your drive reports "incompatible medium installed". Maybe you try to read a Blu-ray disc with a DVD drive?

The Disc that contained the episodes is a DVD and after another disc in the pack failed, I decided to replace them. I forgot to upload the logfile before I packaged the parcel.

I have replacement discs and a replacement dvd drive and I have the same problems, my F Drive is enabled in anydvd as per the image, I also have a picture of my settings fdriveenabled.PNG dvdsettings.PNG

The file titled Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE incorrectly shows that the F Drive is empty

The file titled F_THE_BILL26_D1 shows a successful read

The file titled F_THE_BILL26_D4 shows a successful read and once I started to rip it, clonedvd showed a message about read errors

The File Titled FirstFailedDiscAnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE is when the drive didn't even read the disc.

All discs are from the same pack.

I ripped The Bill S26 D1 without using anyDVD

On the packaging there is a sticker which reads

This Australian released DVD is marked region 4 but is Region 2 compatible and will play on all UK and european players.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    22.9 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_THE_BILL26_D1.ziplog
    83.7 KB · Views: 2
  • AnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_THE_BILL26_D4.ziplog
    94 KB · Views: 1
  • FirstFailedDiscAnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    22.8 KB · Views: 0
The file titled Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE incorrectly shows that the F Drive is empty
Maybe you should wait longer? The drive is still trying: "LOGICAL UNIT IS IN PROCESS OF BECOMING READY"
But probably defective disc.

The File Titled FirstFailedDiscAnyDVD_8.6.3.0_Info_F_EMPTY_DRIVE is when the drive didn't even read the disc.
The drive reports "LOGICAL UNIT NOT READY, CAUSE NOT REPORTABLE". Nothing can be done here. Disc is probably defective.

The file titled F_THE_BILL26_D4 shows a successful read and once I started to rip it, clonedvd showed a message about read errors
Please set your drive region. Not relevant here, as the disc has no CSS, which is a little strange. The log is incomplete and shows many errors, ending with the disc beeing removed before the scan has finished. I assume it is a defective disc.

The file titled F_THE_BILL26_D1 shows a successful read
This one is looking fine.

These log files were created using the replacement discs and a new dvd drive and the PS5 plays all the discs, including the discs that the dvd drives failed to read.

Back