• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dvds not even being recognized

Indyrod

I bought two concert dvds from a Korean Ebay seller, that play fine on my standalone player, but my laptop will not even recognize them, whether I have AnyDvd enabled or not. I have NEVER had a problem like this, with hundreds of dvds. I wasn't sure which forum to put this, so if you guys need to move it, feel free, because I am stumped. Here's the email I just sent to the seller, who has been very good to work with, but it still makes no sense to me.

"received the Guns N' Roses two dvds today, and neither one of them will play on my computer, in fact, it doesn't even recognize them. This has never happened before, and I have hundreds and hundreds of dvds. they DO play on my older standalone player with no problem, so I can't figure out why my laptop will not even recognize them as dvds or anything, it's like they aren't even in the player. something is strange about the way they are constructed I guess, not the typical dvd structure. I wanted them to play on my laptop, but everything I try fails. what is going on?"

if anybody has ran into anything like this, I'd like to hear it. thanks, and sorry again, if this is in the wrong forum. obviously, I can't provide a log, because AnyDvd doesn't even recognize there is a dvd there. :confused:

If your laptop drive doesn't recognize the DVD even without AnyDVD running, it certainly is not a problem with AnyDVD. If Windows can't "see" the disc, then there is no way that AnyDVD will either.

Laptop drives are notorious for being cheap pieces of garbage, so really isn't much of a surprise the drive has problems with reading certain discs. You could try backing up the DVDs you are having problems with on a desktop PC or get an external drive for the laptop.

Back