• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDReClock

Oh please, share. Reclock in Vista would be very helpful

Hi Comer,

the private message was not about reclock in Vista so we don´t have any secrets. :)

Multiblitz posted the message about Vista. I have not even tried yet (still using XP ...)

Bye,
Alex

I was just thinking of this ..... this morning too.

A little off-topic

Ok, so after beeing a HTPC geek for almost 10 years now there are still things to learn. So I m gonna make this thread hoping to get some input in a not to technical spoken way

I ve just bought a new projector, the PowerLite Home Cinema 1080 UB (or Epson TW2000 here in my country, the Netherlands ). Now, a specific feature of this pj is that he is capable of a 1920*1080@24p resolution. But I am wondering how and IF this can effect my HTPC in a positive way.

let s see, I know that in the filming industry 24fps is THE most standard thing for decades now. So if your display device supports 24p (like my Epson) AND your source supports 24p (like a PS3 I also own) AND the software is in 24p (like most HD and BR-discs at this moment I think?), you will have the perfect scenario for stutter free picture where nothing is altered. (Am I correct?)

But what about a HTPC which I use for playing standard def. R1 and R2 dvd's? What is the best refresh rate to pick with this new pj of mine? This afternoon I ve tried a custom made resolution with Entech Powerstrip of 1920*1080@23,976Hz. After this I loaded my dvd playback software, which is in my case TheaterTek 2.6.
Looking at Reclock, which is also installed on my HTPC, I got the following info: the so called 'drops' in ReClock increased with eg. 1 drop per second! So after 1 minute of playing a dvd I already had over 60 drops! My first question is there:
How can it be that reclock reports so many drops with this custom made res.+refresh rate?

After this I made a 1920*1080@47,952Hz custom resolution with Powerstrip. ReClock than worked normally with 0-2 drops per movie which is great.

However, I would like to know the explanation why reclock behaved so peculiar with the 23,976 refresh rate......

Maybe I m missing the big picture here and overlooking some essential basic things I need to know but that s why I posted this.

Thank you very much for all input and sorry for the bad English.

greetings.

edit: my video card is a Nvidia 7600GS 256mb ddr2 card

I know this all is a little off-topic (or a lot:)) but because there are so many ReClock users in this thread now I think maybe some guys can feed me with good input.

24p is used only with bluray and hddvd. R1 and R2 standard DVD use the "old" refresh rate 60 & 50 Hz.

24p is used only with bluray and hddvd. R1 and R2 standard DVD use the "old" refresh rate 60 & 50 Hz.

With ReClock 24p can be used for NTSC & PAL DVDs as well. :D

No, not really. Well mastered NTSC DVDs that are film based were always mastered with 23,976 and §:2 repeat flags for 60Hz, respectively.

I am playing NTSC (DVDs etc.) with double frame rate 48Hz since ages and since about two years also with 24p.

Also: With PAL you are able to slow frame rate down to a multiple of 24 and correct PAL speedup (but you can do that at 50Hz as well, of course).

Just a little insight what Reclock can do.... amazing!

edit: James beat me to it ;)

Well mastered NTSC DVDs that are film based were always mastered with 23,976 and §:2 repeat flags for 60Hz, respectively.
Incorrect.

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.40
There's enormous confusion about whether DVD video is progressive or interlaced. Here's the one true answer: Progressive-source video (such as from film) is usually encoded on DVD as interlaced field pairs that can be reinterleaved by a progressive player to recreate the original progressive video.

The confusion comes from the fact that progressively flagged NTSC DVDs are handled by most software as being truely progressive while in reality in the background the MPEG2 decoder still decodes interlaced fields which are then combed together by following the flags. So if you ask a software whether a DVD is progressive or not, it will tell you the DVD is progressive, although in the deepest level it's not.

Incorrect.

The confusion comes from the fact that progressively flagged NTSC DVDs

Okay, I wasn't talking about progressive vs interlaced. So I give you that the correct notion would be: film based NTSC DVDs are mastered as 47,952 i(nterlaced) with progressive flags and repeat flags (for 60Hz output).

With ReClock 24p can be used for NTSC & PAL DVDs as well. :D
Not for pal. Pal DVD are encoded at 25 fps to play in TV that have 50 Hz scan rate. I'm italian and in Italy all DVD can be only play without stutters only at 25, 50 Hz and multiple value. This is the reason why all PAL movie material is "faster" aprox of 4%.
I'm not really sure for ntsc.

Incorrect.

http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.40

The confusion comes from the fact that progressively flagged NTSC DVDs are handled by most software as being truely progressive while in reality in the background the MPEG2 decoder still decodes interlaced fields which are then combed together by following the flags. So if you ask a software whether a DVD is progressive or not, it will tell you the DVD is progressive, although in the deepest level it's not.

I would argue that at the deepest level the DVD is progressive, even though the progressive images are transported via interlaced fields. The fields are marked as part of a progressive image and when correctly reassembled both fields are coincident in time, creating a true progressive image (with no combing effects.)

The fact that the DVD spec requires that the images be carried in the MPEG stream as fields is a technology artifact that does not change the fact that the film went into the encoding process as a stream of progressive images and it leaves a player that reassembles them correctly in the same form.

Similarly, the TCP/IP networks that make up the internet are often carried on ATM backbones where the packets are chopped into tiny chunks and later reassembled back into nice clean TCP/IP packets, but you would never say that this web site is a creature of ATM.

Not for pal. Pal DVD are encoded at 25 fps to play in TV that have 50 Hz scan rate. I'm italian and in Italy all DVD can be only play without stutters only at 25, 50 Hz and multiple value. This is the reason why all PAL movie material is "faster" aprox of 4%.
I'm not really sure for ntsc.

You can for PAL films, using Reclock's PAL speed down feature and analogue out - they were 24fps to start with.

PAL video should be played at 25/50/75/100hz.

I would argue that at the deepest level the DVD is progressive, even though the progressive images are transported via interlaced fields. The fields are marked as part of a progressive image and when correctly reassembled both fields are coincident in time, creating a true progressive image (with no combing effects.)

The fact that the DVD spec requires that the images be carried in the MPEG stream as fields is a technology artifact that does not change the fact that the film went into the encoding process as a stream of progressive images and it leaves a player that reassembles them correctly in the same form.
I don't disagree. Unfortunately, there are many discs where the flags are set incorrectly. If you then "blindly" follow the flags you'll get lots of combing. Because of that every good progressive scan DVD player ignores the flags and uses a conventional deinterlacing chip which analyzes the content of the interlaced frames to find out which frames need to be put back together. That's what all those Realta, SiI504, Gennum etc chips are for which you find in Denon, Arcam etc DVD players.

so, any news on a christmas beta ReClock version Slysoft?
It s too quit about news if you ask me......... WILL there become a new reclock version or can anyone of the Slysoft crew confirm a working version is in progress?

When I use the reclock script, TheaterTek minimizes to the taskbar wheb switching from eg. 48 to 50Hz (different Powerstrip shortcuts). I thought that you have to alter some lines at the bottom of the script to fix this but don t know EXACTLY how. Can someone post this? thanks!

No, we really need it, especially for vista. My son (3 years old) LOVES phantom of the opera, so I have to watch parts of the movies sometimes 6 times a day...under XP with rre-clocke forced in pdvd: SUPER-Smooth, even with ha 60hz refresh-rate. With Vista an dno re-clock: stuttering all over the place. So, pleeeease...

It s beginning to take too long for news on a new ReClock version if you ask me. I still have some hope that Slysoft is working on a new version but until really confirmed by the makers of Slysoft I m not focussing to much on a re-release of THE all-time HTPC software: R E C L O C K

It s beginning to take too long for news on a new ReClock version if you ask me. I still have some hope that Slysoft is working on a new version but until really confirmed by the makers of Slysoft I m not focussing to much on a re-release of THE all-time HTPC software: R E C L O C K

They can't just stop development of AnyDVD etc.... just for this alone. Give them time they had to do things the proper way just to be able to re-write it as well.

Back