• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDReClock

I imagine that right now I am (like Neo 8)) still feeling a bit like Alice...

Neo : .....?
Morpheus : Tumbling down the rabbit hole? Hmm?

:)

Since I don't have a Region 1 DVD in my collection, it is only the 4% speed up problem that is nagging me now. Didn't know about this before I joined this forum.:doh:

If by a long shot you did receive the source - could you add this support to AnyDVD first, then create a platinum version - like AnySoundcard (<--Another stupid name, I know :D )
I don't think reclocking has anything to do with AnyDVD's operation.

What about Blue-ray and HD DVD? Does the problem exist on those platforms?
4% PAL speedup? Not at the moment, as all current European & Australian discs are authored with 23.98fps. This may or may not change in the future. (Most Studio Canal / Kinowelt / Optimum discs suffer from 4% PAL speedup because of an authoring bug, but that's another story... I hope they fix it for Terminator 2, L'armee des ombres, Ran)
3:2 pulldown judder? Yes, because all discs are mastered with 23.98fps.

I don't think reclocking has anything to do with AnyDVD's operation.

Ok I understand this feature is best provided by a DVD-software player or ReClock, and let AnyDVD do what this software is good at - be a middleman between the optical drive and DVD player software.

:agree:

Thanks for sharing the status of HD/BR movie releases!

Allot of people interested now it seems. Glad I brought it up to everyone to post if they would want it. This would be a nice if it's not too high like Slyfox_1 said.

Allot of people interested now it seems. Glad I brought it up to everyone to post if they would want it. This would be a nice if it's not too high like Slyfox_1 said.
Great thread Charlie.:clap:

Well considering the original code was free what is the price range that is "reasonable" in your opinion?

AnyDVD states:

"Decryption is not all that AnyDVD offers. You can control the drive speed of your DVD drive, allowing you to reduce the noise level when watching movies on your PC. You can even adjust the display frequency of your monitor for both NTSC and PAL displays."

But I cannot find how the adjustment is made!

I live in region 1 and I am tying to backup a region 2 PAL disk. the backup removed the region but PAL does not play on my DVD player. What can I do?

Last edited:
AnyDVD states:

"Decryption is not all that AnyDVD offers. You can control the drive speed of your DVD drive, allowing you to reduce the noise level when watching movies on your PC. You can even adjust the display frequency of your monitor for both NTSC and PAL displays."

But I cannot find how the adjustment is made!

I live in region 1 and I am tying to backup a region 2 PAL disk. the backup removed the region but PAL does not play on my DVD player. What can I do?

You either need to re-encode the whole footage or buy a player that supports PAL

Wow I forgot this thread but it looks like it is a no as not too many users want this? Man I was hoping for DVDReclock.

Hm, strange as this may sound, I discover this thread for the first time now.

It's a pity reclock is not developed any futher any more...
Still, reclock is very important for people who want to listen to real cinema sound track on DVDs rather than those chip monk versions the Europeans have gotten used to.
And under XP reclock still serves an excellent job stabilzing audio/video when you take the game really seriously, also working quite well with BR/HD-DVD under PDVD Ultra.

Any news on the whole enterprise?

Thanks....

Hm, I never saw this thread, it's a pity reclock is not developed any futher any more...
It is, SlySoft has taken over development.

Question is will it be free to existing customors or will there be a cap again as in the beginning there was talk that this wasn't going to just be an update but an upgrade. SamuraiHL I knew you'd love this news. The funny thing is I did start this thread and um yea forgot it existed.

Yea, I remember this thread from way back, too. I also forgot James said this function doesn't belong in AnyDVD. Ah well, that'd simply be convenient. Nonetheless, this is definitely a welcome addition to the Slysoft family. If they can get it to work with Vista I'll be extremely happy. I've got some PAL dvd's that this would be great for.

I would LOOOOOOVE reclock for Vista.

I am running 720p72 on my crt and feeding the scaler 1080p24 from the HTPC, and would love to feed it 23.96 to stop that occasional stutter.

Can I request that it please be a stand alone program? I've already spent weeks/months ripping my HD movie library and cannot take the time to redo them all.

It would be great if it could run during playback (not implemented during the ripping process)

I would LOOOOOOVE reclock for Vista.

I am running 720p72 on my crt and feeding the scaler 1080p24 from the HTPC, and would love to feed it 23.96 to stop that occasional stutter.

Can I request that it please be a stand alone program? I've already spent weeks/months ripping my HD movie library and cannot take the time to redo them all.

It would be great if it could run during playback (not implemented during the ripping process)

It would *NEVER* be incorporated into the ripping process. I only want it added to AnyDVD for playback regardless of the source. AnyDVD is not a ripper for a lot of people, but, an integral part of an HTPC for playback. But, I think it'll be stand alone as James doesn't think it belongs in AnyDVD.

I do not clearly understand all the uses of ReClock. Can someone please break this down for me?

Back