• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDReClock

Newbie Question About Reclock

Sorry for the newb reclock question, but I usually pass over the reclock posts because I don't use it. However, recently i've finally decided to get a sound card that allows me to put analog outs to my amplifier so i can hear what SamuriHL and others have been talking about as far as high definition sound from my Blu Rays.

While doing that, i guess i wanted to know what is the purpose of reclock and do i need it? Will it enhance my viewing/auditory experience?

Thanks for the info!

Last edited:
Sorry for the newb reclock question, but I usually pass over the reclock posts because I don't use it. However, recently i've finally decided to get a sound card that allows me to put analog outs to my amplifier so i can hear what SamuriHL and others have been talking about as far as high definition sound from my Blu Rays.

While doing that, i guess i wanted to know what is the purpose of reclock and do i need it? Will it enhance my viewing/auditory experience?

Thanks for the info!
If you watch PAL DVDs, it is a must have utility (reverse PAL-Speedup).

Proper solution

I wish this ReClock problem was solved in hardware. If the pixel clock of the video card and the D/A converter clock of the sound card could be (optionaly) locked to the same common clock source the problem is solved for PC's. Just standardize it. :bang:
It is done for 35 euro DVD players so why not for 600 euro PC's. Manufacturers of integrated video chipsets could do it even without standardization.

like I said before, I think we will never see a renewed reclock version.

At least if anyone could confirm for certain it is being worked on...
James' hints are heart-warming but an official statement would be better :)

What I kind of fail to understand is the level of secrecy, even more so when thinking that it concerns a product that has had serious doubts concerning the nature of his use of open source code.

reclock!

I'd just like to express my interest for this (potential) product.

It is intensely irritating that Vista or other operating systems have not yet addressed this problem. More and more people are using their computers for far more than internet browsing and the occasional YouTube video.

I use my computer for all of my movie watching, DVD and Blu-Ray, and it would be perfect apart from this stupid "Micro-judder" problem because the refresh rate of the video card does not match the sampling rate of the audio.

It is not visible so much on 24fps material for me, but 30fps material is positively noticeable.

Anyways, here's hoping this project gets off the ground. I'm more than happy to pay for it.

It is intensely irritating that Vista or other operating systems have not yet addressed this problem.

Vista does support 24 Hz (as well as 23, 25, 29, 30). Though, I suppose it also matters which graphics card and display are used...

The community should have grabbed the source while we had the chance. Although there was nobody trying to get it.

The only reason I care is that using Vista means I can't watch PAL movies any more. And since I'm in PAL land, that pretty much means watching movies is off the agenda. Not great, for a (former) film student.

I think we need someone to reverse engineer the ReClock program, basically. You could even get ogo's permission, if you ever contacted him.

I know Sly have the source and everything, and I use and like AnyDVD, but as far as I'm concerned, the way they're handling the whole ReClock thing has been pretty negative. It was a community tool and now it's off limits as far as future development goes, and with no regular updates. That's not right. Usually what happens when a developer downs tools and disappears, is that the community will inherit the source and get working on a fork of the program. Well no such luck here.

Also, to get it working experimentally on Vista would not be that hard. We just don't know what they're doing with it.

Last edited:
meh.

If I had any programming knowledge whatsoever, I'd put the work in myself. I want this that bad.

The only reason I care is that using Vista means I can't watch PAL movies any more. And since I'm in PAL land, that pretty much means watching movies is off the agenda. Not great, for a (former) film student.

I know exactly what you mean. Same thing here. OTOH: Why don't you use XP? Everything is fine with reclock under XP (well, it could use a face lift, then, it still does the trick for repairing PAL).

I was using XP on my previous machine, along with ReClock and ffdshow all fully configured for upscaling and so on. Unfortunately that XP machine died on me :)

I decided to move onto Vista. ffdshow works a lot better alongside EVR custom, and I have a more powerful setup, so HD material works better (ie perfectly). In fact, Vista is a much better OS once you get used to it. ReClock is one of the few pieces of software that doesn't work (and obviously that's because it's specifically designed to work on a bit of tech that isn't implemented in Vista).

I just don't know why ReClock is the only way to slow down the frame rate and audio of something on the fly. It seems like such a basic operation. I know ReClock is excellent for a lot more, in terms of refresh rate adjustment to remove judder, but personally all I care about is the frame rate.

On my sound card I can pitch down accurately to remove the PAL chipmunk voices, but I still have no way to adjust frame rate for DVDs etc, short of ripping material myself (which is overkill).

Last edited:
You didn't compile my bugs into your compilation!

- Interlaced refresh rate not detected correctly on last few generations of ATi cards

- Doesn't work for multi channel 24bit 96khz material (at least on my system, 2 channel is ok)

- Kernal streaming broken

- More I can't remember - I wrote them all down earlier in this thread!

All I care about is the "micro-judder" problem I see on 30fps material. If there were a way to get rid of that...

Are you watching 30fps material (29.976 really) at a multiple of 29.976?

59.94hz typically for this material.

Back