DVDfab with AnyDVD in background

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by kevman15, Jan 22, 2008.

1. kevman15

kevman15 Member

Makes a perfect full Rip of Mr. Woodcock. Anydvd 6010,Dvdfab4050.

2. linx05

linx05 Well-Known Member

Always disable AnyDVD when using a ripper.

3. Rich86

Rich86 Well-Known Member

Mr. Woodcock

OK - but - if you're using DVDFab - why did you think AnyDVD was necessary at all?
    8)

4. tmckin1211

tmckin1211 Well-Known Member

I used DVDFAB and it tells me to shut down AnyDVD. I do not think AnyDVD is running in the background or you would receive the same message.

5. Blazkowicz

Blazkowicz Well-Known Member

@tmckin1211

This message can be deactivated in options.

6. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

For the time being this option actually is useless with AnyDVD 6.3.1.2 & 6.3.1.3 beta. Due to the AnyDVD process now being AnyDVDTray.exe rather than AnyDVD.exe it doesn't get detected. This change was a result of adding support for IDVDInfo2::GetDiscID support.

Refer to James' post here for the explanation: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=83993&postcount=13

DVDFab will have to be updated to detect the process so for now people have to remember on their own.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  7. mwb1100

mwb1100 Active Member

I'm a little confused. It seems that some say that there's no problem for AnyDVD to be running with DVDFab (just a warning message that can be turned off if you do not care to see it).

Does AnyDVD need to be deactivated for DVDFab to work? Or is it a situation where some versions don't interfere with each other, but some updates do? (I'm just curious - I'm not a DVDFab user. But who knows, maybe someday?).

8. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Generally, it's not a good idea to have two decrypters running at the exact same time (especially when one of them decrypts on the fly).

9. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

I have accidentally left AnyDVD running while using DVDFab and it never caused any problems but, as Webslinger said, it's not a good practice.

10. mwb1100

mwb1100 Active Member

OK, that make perfect sense and clears it up for me. Thanks.