• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDFAB PLAYER 5 vs. powerDVD 17

James so better to go by the streaming service? because SHELD does not have an optical drive

No need to be unfair, only because you want to sell Fab Media player.
PDVD supports Dolby Atmos, DTS-X and whatnot. Yes, even my trusty all-time favorite PowerDVD 10 does.

Unfair? Well, feel offended, as I said, I purchased both, why would I want to sell Fab Media Player? They made it very clear on their own forum here: https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/64689.page

Also the product page of PDVD17: https://www.cyberlink.com/products/...es_en_US.html?affid=2581_1274_728_43492_0_ENU
They've mentioned DOLBY DIGITAL, DOLBY TRUEHD, DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS, DTS-HD MASTER AUDIO, DTS-DIGITAL SURROUND, FLAC, APE, ALAC, DSD...with the ONLY EXCEPTION to DOLBY ATMOS...

Also, according to Wikipedia, PowerDVD 10 was released in 2010, however, Dolby Atmos was first announced in 2012, so you are telling me PowerDVD already supports something that basically did not exist at the time?

However, there surely is a harsh reality for the Fabplayer, it still does not support playback of 3D Blu-rays, yet...

Last edited:
Also, according to Wikipedia, PowerDVD 10 was released in 2010, however, Dolby Atmos was first announced in 2012, so you are telling me PowerDVD already supports something that basically did not exist at the time?

With PowerDVD the versions only apply to the GUI. The core is constantly updated - the latest PowerDVD 10 update to build 5612 seems to have been around the end of 2015.

Every player that supports HD audio format passthrough (like TrueHD, DTS-HD) automatically supports Dolby Atmos & DTS:X.

Back