DVDFab Passkey?

Discussion in 'CloneBD' started by conrailguy, Apr 8, 2019.

1. conrailguy

conrailguy Member

Please excuse me in advance if I am stepping on anyones toes here.I would like to purchase cloneBD,but money is a little tight here,If I can use DVDFab passkey free,I will buy it.I can afford anydvdhd or clonebd,but not both.
    Thanks

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

I don't see a question here. Nobody's stopping you from using passkey

3. SamuriHL

SamuriHL Retired Moderator

Well, the fact that it's not free which is what the OP seems to believe. CloneBD only cares that the protection has been removed from the content you wish to process. That being said, there are benefits to using AnyDVD in combination with CloneBD such as with Cinavia titles.

4. Pete

Pete Forum Admin Staff Member

...or the automatic detection and selection of correct titles with Screen Pass protection.

whatever_gong82 and SamuriHL like this.
  5. conrailguy

conrailguy Member

Thank you all for the quick replies,I can now make an informed decision.From what I read I thought passkey was free/trial mode for quite awhile now.I just thought that maybe the 2 products may conflict with one another.

6. SamuriHL

I don't want to turn this into a passkey thread, but, passkey-lite, their "free" version, is limited in what it can do. It won't remove advanced protections. Certainly not screen pass. And it's VERY unclear if it even works with UHD at all. IMO, it's not a suitable "replacement" for AnyDVD at ALL.

7. BRCS

BRCS Well-Known Member

It does decrypt UHD But I have had poor results with it I use Anydvd as you said it is not a suitable replacement for Anydvd.

8. conrailguy

conrailguy Member

Thank you all again I will be purchasing this,the next time its on sale.

whatever_gong82, BRCS and SamuriHL like this.
  9. blank

blank Well-Known Member

If you can only afford one start with AnyDVD. A lot of CloneBD features are free to use:

https://www.redfox.bz/clonebd.html#free

whatever_gong82 and SamuriHL like this.
  10. conrailguy

conrailguy Member

Wow,thats good to know,thanks for the reply.

11. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

If you don't understand that table completely I'll simplify it. Basically it said as long as you DON'T do anything that triggers the encoding engine (compress video, remove audio or subtitle tracks, or any combo of that) it'll work free without adding the 'beaver' watermark.

If you do something like that it'll still work, but a beaver watermark will be added to the video until it is registered.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

12. conrailguy

conrailguy Member

Hello CH3VRON,

Thanks for the detailed explanation,I really appreciate it.

13. StoneyJSG

StoneyJSG Well-Known Member

I have the paid versions of any dvd and pass key. Pass key is OK, it gets the job done yet struggles at times with some discs/protections. I think any dvd is better and pass key is more of a "clone" of any dvd.

14. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

No! Really? :LOL:
    If you want to have an on-the-fly decrypter, get the original. Getting better every day since ... 2002?

15. SamuriHL

Even if you don't need on the fly decryption, anydvd is still the right answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

BRCS and whatever_gong82 like this.