• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVDFab bluray player

mbarnstijn

DVDFab Media Player 2 Pro version, which costs under a hundred $ but is available as a fully functional free 30 day trial download, plays Blu-ray discs and ISO files with menu support, and no Cinavia.

I have no relationship with the company at all, other than as a purchaser of the product.

It is NOT perfect; there are times I have to use PowerDVD to test an ISO playback issue because DMP2P doesn't work. I find it is best to exit the program after each disc/ISO playback and restart before playing the next item. They release updates a couple of times a year that fix major issues.

I wouldn't use it as the basis of a Home Theater system, that's for other more reliable software, but it is a great product for verifying rip playback and previewing things like subtitles and chapter names.

It's great if you only need it for a month during the free trial, or if you're willing to put up the purchase price after that.

Cheers,

--michael

It seems to be a nice deal, but for the same amount of money I'd need to purchase DVDFab Media Player 2 Pro version, plus the discount I'd get for being a previous owner of PowerDVD Ultra (any version I'd owned from 10, and 12-15) I'd get PowerDVD 16 Ultra, which does play back all Blu-ray discs that are certified by the Blu-ray Disc Association, and I'd use AnyDVD HD to disable Cinavia to boot, so I could test any of my ISO files for playback issues.

Thanks, but no thanks.

... or just use Kodi or one of the freeware Kodi inspired players out there. DVDFab Media Player is based on Kodi, afterall.

Last edited:
I've yet to see a fully working version of Kodi that fully supports Blu-ray menu's, unfortunately that seems to have been put on the back boiler

PS to the OP--Original Poster:

Today I just purchased for $91.75 US PowerDVD 16 Ultra, CyberLink Cloud 30GB (12 months), Power Media Player, PowerDVD Remote, MediaEspresso 7.5, Backup Disc, and Extended Download Service. I saved $15.84 US because I am a previous owner of Cyberlink software--got a discount for that, and I got an additional discount because my birthday came up within the last 2 months.

The only things I'll really use from Cyberlink is PowerDVD, the Extended Download Service/Backup Disc and maybe the Cloud service. The other stuff is just a cherry on top.

Fengtao will have to do a lot to even get someone like me to even consider their Kodi inspired player.

Fabs player is pretty pointless, it can't handle all menus properly (so you still need PDVD) and there are much better 'non menu' players out there.

If you want 100% (or close to it) proper menu playback then PowerDVD is the only way to go (Nero/WinDVD aren't good IMO)

It won't ever happen but I need a RedFox/Elby player so I can stop giving money each year to Cyberlink, I've spent well over $200 on PowerDVD the last few years, much rather that go to the RedFox project.

Fabs player is pretty pointless, it can't handle all menus properly (so you still need PDVD) and there are much better 'non menu' players out there.

If you want 100% (or close to it) proper menu playback then PowerDVD is the only way to go (Nero/WinDVD aren't good IMO)

It won't ever happen but I need a RedFox/Elby player so I can stop giving money each year to Cyberlink, I've spent well over $200 on PowerDVD the last few years, much rather that go to the RedFox project.
At one time there was talk of a SLY player but don't know where that stands now.

I try to get the Cyberlink products when they are on sale, like I did earlier today, or around the Xmas holiday, like I did last Xmas when I picked up an additional copy of PowerDVD 15 Ultra for my Win 7 Home laptop for around $60 US.

At one time there was talk of a SLY player but don't know where that stands now.
I think with all the recent Slysoft/RedFox issues (almost being permanently shut down, and the restart of the company as RedFox), I hope that they will get back to release that project and not abandon it.

I think with all the recent Slysoft/RedFox issues (almost being permanently shut down, and the restart of the company as RedFox), I hope that they will get back to release that project and not abandon it.
Agreed would much rather support RedFox than cyberpunk. Just saying.

Agreed would much rather support RedFox than cyberpunk. Just saying.
+1.

I've had to use discount coupons just to get the price for my Cyberlink purchases down to an affordable level each and every time--except for my first ever purchase, in which I didn't know I could use discount coupons and not pay full price, and I still think that they're a bit too expensive, when I can just buy a Blu-ray/DVD player (a Samsung BD-HM57C model, Cinavia enforced unfortunately) for around $60 from Sam's Club. It's a little over a year old, and it does the job it was built for.

Meanwhile, you have to wonder when Cyberlink will discontinue updating the earlier versions of PowerDVD. I have PowerDVD 12, and I know that it's at the End Of Life very soon, so I'll need AnyDVD to keep it functional, just like I do for PowerDVD 10.

Back