dvdclone,dvdshrink,nero, anydvd

Discussion in 'Third Party Products' started by mickeymbbc, Sep 1, 2007.

1. mickeymbbc

mickeymbbc Member

Can someone please explain to me why some people have dvdclone, dvdshrink and nero? maybe I am misunderstanding, but why do I see some people using nero and dvdshrink together? I though both were for decripting movies, how can you use 2 at the same time. I hope that I am understanding all this right. I know that you need a burner, as well as a decripter right? For instance, I use 1clickdvd and anydvd for decripting the movie. I see some that use clonedvd, anydvd, shrink/ and or nero. I hope that I didn't confuse myself there, but I am sure you know what I mean.

Thanks,

mick

2. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Many people have several DVD softwares because some will accomplish different tasks.

3. mickeymbbc

mickeymbbc Member

I dont get what you mean brother, I am really new to all this burning stuff. You have to explain it plain to me, I'm a newbie:D The only thing that I understand is that you need something to burn with. I have 1clickdvd for burning, others have dvdclone etc..I had dvd 43 for the decripter and it wasn't capadible with so I got anydvd, and so far them work good. But I see other with dvdclone, anydvd, along with dvdshrink or nero. I just trying to get a understanding of how they use all 3 or 4 together!! How does your computer determin which ones to use? For example anydvd and shrink dvd, how does our computer know which on to use, or does it use both? Maybe I am just thinking to much, who knows!!!!!!

4. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

Yes you are over thinking! :D :D...but that's how we learn.
    You use AnyDVD and 1Click....I ,mainly, use DBDFab Platinum to accomplish the same thing with one software. I also use AnyDVD (decrypt), Shrink (reauthor & shrink)and Nero (to burn). AnyDVD- Shrink -Nero were my softwares of choice until AnyDVD halted updates for Shrink so I went to DVDFab. I also use to use 1Click but we had a parting of the ways when they required an update fee. The updates were also very slow for 1Click.
    I also have several other DVD softwares installed on my PC's to use if another has problems with a particular movie. That hasn't been necessary since I started using DVDFab though.
    Your PC does dot make any selections......the user selects what software to use. I don't use DVDClone but perhaps someone will explain why they sometimes use Shrink along with CloneDVD. Basically it is your choice to use what works for you.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007