• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD9 to BD25

jim7jim

Not sure if this is the correct place to post this question.

I'm wondering if one can backup a DVD9 to a BD25 disc such that it could be played in a stand alone DVD or Blu Ray player?

TIA.

My problem has always been backup to dual layer DVD9 media. I don't know if it's my burner or the discs I've used or my stand alone player, but I never seem to be able to backup a DVD9 movie to a DVD9 blank. I seem to always have issues at the layer break. I've even had some issues with DL data discs.

So, I've always resorted to compressing 'big' DVD9 movies to fit on a DVD5 disc. Now since Blu Ray blanks have come down in price so much, I figured it might make sense to stick a DVD9 on a DVD25 since I wouldn't have to compress. But maybe not ...

Thanks.

Try some Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL discs (MKM-003 made in Singapore) and see how it goes. $1.16 each @ Newegg ($35 for a 30 pack). They work flawlessly on my Pioneer DVR-205. I burn them @ 8x, but try 4x.

The DVD-Shrink program is very easy to use to remove foreign language audio tracks and shrink the video of even a large DVD movie down to fit a SL 4.5GB blank DVD and much cheaper than using blank Blu-ray disks.

Thanks for those suggestions guys!

I'll give those a shot when I get a chance. Tonight may be all about taxes! :(

Sorry to bump an OLD thread, but I would very much like to do this as well. I have some DVD-9 iso files and would like to burn it to a BD-25 and have it play just like a retail DVD would when inserted into the blu-ray player.
Yes, I know a BD-25 is overkill and a lot of space would be wasted. However, a BD-25 is just as cheap as a DVD-9 printable and I find that a lot of standalone players have issues with the layer breaks on some DVD-9 disks. I'd rather just insert the BD-25 disc and play it like a standard DVD would play.
Is it possible? Thanks

Yeah but only if you convert it to a valid Blu-ray structure. A DVD structure on a Blu-ray disc will not play. That's an invalid disc/format combo.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 6P met Tapatalk

Back