• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Dvd

Fuzzehskittlez

My grandpa wants to buy a dvd " Five graves to cairo" but its only in PAL R4 australia, and have only ntsc i guess, so if i buy it, with this program will i be able to make a copy that will work on our dvd player?

My grandpa wants to buy a dvd " Five graves to cairo" but its only in PAL R4 australia, and have only ntsc i guess, so if i buy it, with this program will i be able to make a copy that will work on our dvd player?

It will make the back-up region free, but it will not convert it from PAL to NTSC. You would have to see if your player is able to play both formats. Some are, some aren't. Might check with your instructions to see if it is compatible or do a search for your player and see if it will work. Otherwise, you would need to do a conversion for PAL to NTSC. There are programs (free & purchase) that will do it.

1. Doesnt region free mean PAL and NTSC?
2. Does converting from PAL to NTSC defect the quality or any contents of the dvd in any way?

1. Doesnt region free mean PAL and NTSC?

No. There is a thread in the Third Party Products that gives a way. Check here. You can also do a Google search for PAL/NTSC conversion for other alternatives.

2. Does converting from PAL to NTSC defect the quality or any contents of the dvd in any way?

I would not think so. That would depend on the quality of the program doing the converting however.

For under 30 dollars.. You can get a Phillips Progressive Scan at Best Buy which are region free DVD Player & will played a Region 4 Pal Disc.

That day after i bought my first DVD Player & saw how great it worked.
I went back & bought 6 more. :agree:

This would SAVE you the headaches of finding a dead end ways to convert it. in fact the DVD player also plays Back-up region Pals Disc. you can't go wrong with this player.

Last edited:
Back