DVD Won't play in players

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by soke51, Apr 25, 2007.

1. soke51

soke51 Member

I record my DVD's in R- so that they would play on the built in DVD players on the kids TV's and portable player in the car. Lately even the R- won't work. Any solutions or idea's? I'm using AnyDVD with Clone DVD.

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

They won't play at all or are you just having freeze issues? Freeze issues are generally due to poor media and/or too high of a burn rate. Not playing at all is a totally other issue and could be many things (player, burner, media, firmware, etc). Can you be more specific with some details (media, burner model, player model, etc).

Also, did they before, now they don't? Has something (hardware/software) on your computer changed?

3. soke51

soke51 Member

The disks play on some the cheap player in the living room and on my computer. But not at all in the Built in DVD players in the TV's or portable player in the car. Usually get a message, disk not found, or disk cannot open.

4. soke51

soke51 Member

The only thing that has changed besides using different brand of blank disc is
    the newer versions of AnyDVD.

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Your issue has absolutely nothing to do with Anydvd, which worked perfectly fine if your backups play in your computer or elsewhere.

This is a compatibility issue between your standalone dvd player and the blank media you're using. The solution? Try different blank media or a different standalone dvd player.