• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD wont play in car

goof008

I have had great success will AnyDVD and DVD Clone for all of my stand alone dvd players, including a portable one. We just got a new minivan and I can't get anything to play in it, except a couple a guy at work burned using Shrink/Decrypter and DVD Fab. I unchecked the boxes for the Region codes, as someone said that might do it. It didn't. Any suggestions. I am using a Dell E510 with a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B burner. Media is unknown as it came as a stack. But like I said before, never had an issue until trying it in the Ford Freestar. ANy help would be great.

I have had great success will AnyDVD and DVD Clone for all of my stand alone dvd players, including a portable one. We just got a new minivan and I can't get anything to play in it

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

12. My backups play on my computer or standalone dvd player, but not in something else. Why?

First, if the backup is playing in a standalone dvd player or on your computer, that means Anydvd and whatever backup program you used worked.

The most common reason why you're having this problem (if the backup doesn't work in a standalone dvd player) is due to a compatibility issue between the blank media you're using and whatever you're using to play the backup in (standalone dvd player, for example). Basically your dvd player, dvd-rom drive, etc. doesn't like the blank media you're using (or if you're using +R media, you didn't change the booktype to "dvd-rom"). You can try choosing other blank media (+r instead of -r, for example, and change the booktype to "dvd-rom")--or buy a different standalone dvd player (or a different dvd-rom drive, burner, etc.).

If you're using dvd-r media and your standalone dvd player gives you a message similar to ""Play Prohibited, please check disc", use dvd+r media instead and change the booktype to "dvd-rom" (see "b)" below). Also ensure you're using Anydvd 6.1.7.1 and Clonedvd 2.9.1.2 (or the latest versions)

a) Are you using junk blank media? If you're not using Taiyo Yuden 8x premium, Verbatim, Maxell Plus, or Maxell Broadcast Quality, then chances are the answer to this question is "yes".
b) Click this and read FULLY (especially take a look at point 4 for more information on bitsetting/booktyping, but all points are very important)

The same factors also apply to why the backup doesn't play in your computer (but there can be other factors including buggy or poorly installed dvd player software, bad drivers, etc.).

It's also possible the playback device/player you're using is slowly dying.

Last edited:
what type of disc did you use?

Dvd -R's they are more compatible with most players. Dvd +R have to be booktyped to Dvd-Rom.

what type of disc did you use?

Dvd-R's they are more compatible with most players. Dvd+r have to be booktyped to Dvd-rom.
And after booktyping, they become DVD-ROM which is more compatible than anything.

I had the same problem with my alpine in dash in my old car, all my dvd's worked but never in my car and sometimes in the DVD player at my mothers, what I do is, first I always use Sony DVD+R or DVD+RW, and second, slow your burn process down to 4x max burn speed. Do this and I will almost guarantee you will never have another compatibility issue. My laptop burns at 8x and I was having problems with my car, and then our newer desktop has a 16x and I was having problems sometimes in stand alone DVD players. Slowed them both down to 4x and I have never had a problem since. It was explained to me that automobile DVD player are much less forgiveable to burn imperfections. Kind of the same reason that older car cd players will not play cd-r's. Hope this solves your problem.

@ Adam208,

Stating “I always use Sony DVD+R or DVD+RW” media really doesn’t identify the actual manufacture of the DVD Media you are using. A vast majority of Sony branded Media is not actually manufacture by Sony but is sub-contracted to other manufactures and unfortunately many times is not top of the line quality error free Media.

The definitive manner to identify Media is to use the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the Media. To obtain the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the Media use a utility software program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com).

Suggest using proven quality error free Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim which consistently provides quality error free results.

Using Proven Quality Media and a DVD Burner that has the newest most current up to date Firmware a user should be able to obtain quality error free burning results at or near the rated speed of the Media. When a user has to burn at speeds less than half the rated speed of the Media should trigger inquiry as to why optimal performance cannot be obtained.

Regards,
Coaster

I have had great success will AnyDVD and DVD Clone for all of my stand alone dvd players, including a portable one. We just got a new minivan and I can't get anything to play in it, except a couple a guy at work burned using Shrink/Decrypter and DVD Fab. I unchecked the boxes for the Region codes, as someone said that might do it. It didn't. Any suggestions. I am using a Dell E510 with a HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B burner. Media is unknown as it came as a stack. But like I said before, never had an issue until trying it in the Ford Freestar. ANy help would be great.

Use quality +R media (Verbatim or Ty), book type the media and your problem will most likely be solved.

@ Adam208,

Stating “I always use Sony DVD+R or DVD+RW” media really doesn’t identify the actual manufacture of the DVD Media you are using. A vast majority of Sony branded Media is not actually manufacture by Sony but is sub-contracted to other manufactures and unfortunately many times is not top of the line quality error free Media.

The definitive manner to identify Media is to use the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the Media. To obtain the MID (Manufacture ID and Media Code) of the Media use a utility software program similar to DVDInfo (http://www.dvdinfopro.com) or DVD Identifier (http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com).

Suggest using proven quality error free Media such as Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim which consistently provides quality error free results.

Using Proven Quality Media and a DVD Burner that has the newest most current up to date Firmware a user should be able to obtain quality error free burning results at or near the rated speed of the Media. When a user has to burn at speeds less than half the rated speed of the Media should trigger inquiry as to why optimal performance cannot be obtained.

Regards,
Coaster

It may of came out that I was trying to tell him to go out and buy Sony DVD+R's but I wasn't, no matter what you buy there is almost always something better out there you can get. I'm just saying this is what I use, this is what I do, it works for me and I'm satisfied and get them on sale at best buy cheap and I lilke the pearlescent finish they put on them, he might have a 100 spool of memorex's that he doesn't just want to chuck in the trash cause they won't work in his van and I was sharing my experience with a similar problem and what I did to help it, if there was only some place on the internet that you could do that sort of thing, but wait, I think they might be called forums

Back