• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Widescreen: Creative W or Generic DIVX??

DodgerBlues

I have a Creative W (480x272) and ive always used the specific Creative W option to rip my cds to my pc. But i take it those are avi files, but people say that DIVX is a better rip than regular AVI. Is that the case? And will the Generic DIVX rip the widescreen DVD movie and keep aspect ratio the same as the DVD? Thanks.

I have a Creative W (480x272) and ive always used the specific Creative W option to rip my cds to my pc. But i take it those are avi files, but people say that DIVX is a better rip than regular AVI. Is that the case? And will the Generic DIVX rip the widescreen DVD movie and keep aspect ratio the same as the DVD? Thanks.

AVI is a container format, DivX a video codec. To compare them is like comparing a cars chassis with it's motor.

The "Generic DivX" profile creates AVIs with DivX codec. So does the Creative.
Aspect Ratio will be maintained always.

Back