• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD tray stays open!

mjc53904

cannot get the DVD tray to close. rebooted the PC and it still opens. this happened after the program couldn't accept a blank disk during a backup of a DVD.

cannot get the DVD tray to close. rebooted the PC and it still opens. this happened after the program couldn't accept a blank disk during a backup of a DVD.

Not much to go here -- Except the tray is open. Try closing it...

Need more info before anyone can help......

more info
has anyone seen a situation when running AnyDVD program - after original DVD is copied the DVD tray opens and the program prompts the user to insert a blank DVD. I inserted a blank DVD and the program came back with a prompt indicating it could not read the media and to replace the disk with a blank DVD. I tried 3 different blank DVD's (all from the same batch used for previous copies so I know the type of DVD is correct) and all had the same results. The program would not read any DVD and kept opening the DVD tray. I closed AnyDVD, rebooted the machine and eveytime the PC starts up now it opens the DVD drive and will not read any disk. I've tried pushing it closed, reloading the DVD drivers, nothing works.
Has anyone seen this type of behaviour or know how to reset the DVD drive?
thanks.

tried that also. more info
has anyone seen a situation when running AnyDVD program - after original DVD is copied the DVD tray opens and the program prompts the user to insert a blank DVD. I inserted a blank DVD and the program came back with a prompt indicating it could not read the media and to replace the disk with a blank DVD. I tried 3 different blank DVD's (all from the same batch used for previous copies so I know the type of DVD is correct) and all had the same results. The program would not read any DVD and kept opening the DVD tray. I closed AnyDVD, rebooted the machine and eveytime the PC starts up now it opens the DVD drive and will not read any disk. I've tried pushing it closed, reloading the DVD drivers, nothing works.
Has anyone seen this type of behaviour or know how to reset the DVD drive?
thanks.

Will the PC operate correctly if AnyDVD is uninstalled?
What software are you using to make the burn? Your problem seems to be occurring "after" you complete a burn so it would sappear to be more of a burning software problem than an AnyDVD problem. Do you have the burning software set to make more than one copy?
What brand of DVDRW?
You can give this a try to "reset" the drive.... Go to Device Manager and Uninstall the DVDRW, reboot and XP will reinstall the drive on boot.

Back