• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD to AppleTV ripper

darkqueman

Is anything in the works at SlySoft to convert DVD files to AppleTV format

You can already convert DVDs or VOB files to AppleTV, but not to HD resolutions. Here is how:
1. Open CloneDVD Mobile
2. Select Apple + iPOD video 5. gen (hires)
3. Select the movie source and click Next
3. Set you audio and subtitle settings and click Next
4. Output Method -> res 640x480 and click GO

Movies will automatically be converted to .MP4

It would be nice if Slysoft adds full suport for AppleTV hi-def resolution.

Peace!
8)

Ipod/AppleTV higher resolutions

Have you tried to add higher resolution options to the devices.ini file?

I opened the devices.ini file, and found the section for the [iPod Video 5. gen (hires)]. under the resolution options, I changed the last option of each to 720x480, so each line looks like this:

Res4=720x480
ResAna4=720x480

Then when I convert a DVD, I choose this resolution from the drop down box. I don't notice much more conversion time, and the files look great on my 42" plasma TV. I am converting standard DVDs, not HD content. I have tried changing the resolutions to higher ones, and it appears to work, but the conversion says it will take over 500 minutes to complete! Since the DVD resolution is 720x480 anyway, I am not losing anything by converting at that anyway.

It would be nice to have access to the h264 codec for the ipod and appleTV in addition to the Sony PSP. I tried to modify the PSP settings in the devices.ini file like I did for the Ipod, but CloneDVDmobile (or maybe mencoder) forces a much, much lower resolution.

Hope any of this helps!

Back