• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Stardust will not play

vah0603

Just bought Stardust DVD Video. My pc dvd drive will not recognise disk, the led light on the dvd drive just continually flickers. AnyDVD says drive is empty. Non of the players Windows Media etc will play either. All my other dvds are working fine (regions 1 and 2).
I can play the dvd on my stand alone dvd player and also my work pc. So it is not the disk!

I have Window Vista Home Premuim.
I have AnyDvd downloaded (which works well) plus I have just downloaded CloneDvd on trial and have used it once successfully.

Any ideas please

Last edited:
Just bought Stardust DVD Video. My pc dvd drive will not recognise disk, the led light on the dvd drive just continually flickers. AnyDVD says drive is empty. Non of the players Windows Media etc will play either. All my other dvds are working fine (regions 1 and 2).
I can play the dvd on my stand alone dvd player and also my work pc. So it is not the disk!

I have Window Vista Home Premuim.
I have AnyDvd downloaded (which works well) plus I have just downloaded CloneDvd on trial and have used it once successfully.

Any ideas please
The disc or you drive is defective.

My drive and dvd are both sound

I can play all my other dvds in the drive including bourne ultimatum and I can play stardust dvd in a player and on my work pc. The dvd will just not work on my pc and i think it is due to either AnyDvd or Clonedvd .. I can't think or anything else.

Simply because a disc plays fine in a standalone player doesn't mean the disc is fine

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

5. Anydvd can't see or detect my original dvd-video movie disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

Hi guys .. you are not reading what I am saying!!!!

I did say that I played the dvd in a dvd player AND my work pc. BUT i now have a result I have uninstalled the trial version of CloneDvd and I can now play the disk.. Shame because I really wanted the software.
Thanks

I did say that I played the dvd in a dvd player AND my work pc.

Doesn't matter, and note that James did mention your drive could be defective. If you want help then follow the steps I outlined.

BUT i now have a result I have uninstalled the trial version of CloneDvd and I can now play the disk.. Shame because I really wanted the software.

Then obviously you have other software conflicting on your system--or your drive is slowly dying. Again, if you want help then follow the steps.

Both Anydvd and Clonedvd have no issues with that particular disc. In region 1 and 4, the disc only contains RCE and CSS. Nothing special with respect to protection at all.

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2045456 sectors (3995 MBytes)
Total size: 4090902 sectors (7990 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: STARDUST_WS_AC
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

If your system can now see the disc, then do this:

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your toolbar.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Go to your My Documents folder
h) You will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
i) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like
attach.gif
(in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
j) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
k) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
l) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
m) click "upload"
n) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
I am having the same issue. Please check the ziplog file.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_I_STARDUST_WS_AC.zip
    135.8 KB · Views: 5
I am having the same issue. Please check the ziplog file.
I am amazed, about the stuff Panda is doing to your machine:

Code:
suspicious drivers:

---------------------------

NNSALPC.sys (Application Layer Protocol Colorizer, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSHTTP.sys (Http Parser, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSHTTPS.sys (Https Parser, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSIDS.sys (Intrusion Detection System, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSNAHSL.sys (Network Activity Hook Server LWF, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSPICC.sys (Process Info Colorizer Client, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSPIHSW.sys (Process Info Hook Server WFP, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSPOP3.sys (Pop3 Parser, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSPROT.sys (Network Protector, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSPRV.sys (Network Provider, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSSMTP.sys (Smtp Parser, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSSTRM.sys (Streamer, Panda Security, S.L.)

NNSTLSC.sys (Transport Layer Session Colorizer, Panda Security, S.L.)

PSINAflt.sys (PSINAflt Filter Driver for Vista64, Panda Security, S.L.)

PSINFile.sys (PSINFile Filter Driver for Vista64, Panda Security, S.L.)

PSINKNC.sys (PSINKNC Kernel Controller for Vista64, Panda Security, S.L.)

PSINProc.sys (PSINProc Filter Driver for Vista64, Panda Security, S.L.)

PSINProt.sys (PSINProt for Vista64, Panda Security, S.L.)

PSINReg.sys (PSINReg Filter Driver for Vista64, Panda Security, S.L.)

PSKMAD.sys (Panda Kernel Memory Access Driver (x64), Panda Security, S.L.)

suspicious running applications:

PSUAMain.exe (AV Console, Panda Security, S.L.)

Anyway, it looks like your disc and / or drive is dirty and / or defective.

Back