• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD shrink 3.2

I copied Open Season with AnyDVD and CloneDVD2, one of the movies that couldn't be copied with the inferior and outdated DVD Shrink. So obviously it's not just AnyDVD.

Shrink is only "outdated" because of COPY PROTECTION issues.
Issues that AnyDVD has SAID they'll handle. Aside from the fact that CloneDVD2 actually *works* with AnyDVD with the newer titles (that appeared only over the last 2 weeks) - it had little else going for it THREE weeks ago to get a great claim to fame. It's another good product in a pack that was dominated by the free product DVDShrink.

Shrink is superior to CloneDVD2 in almost every way - except COPY PROTECTION issues. Also CloneDVD has a built in burner - eliminating the need for Nero (the other market leader). Pointing out that AnyDVD is working fine with the products of it's *marketing partner* (Elby) while not working with the de-facto (free) standard DvdShrink 3.2 - does not actually paint AnyDVD in a better light, nor Elby for that matter.

-W

Last edited:
One of the things DVDShrink has that I really like is the ability to trim the beginning and end of the video file with a granularity down to a frame by frame level. This fine trimming to get rid of the production splash screens at the beginning and the credits at the end has allowed me to fit a video on a single layer DVD without any transcoding. It also makes the post processed AVI file just that much smaller saving valuable hard disk space on a PVP.

DVDclone only allows whole chapter editing.

One of the things DVDShrink has that I really like is the ability to trim the beginning and end of the video file with a granularity down to a frame by frame level. This fine trimming to get rid of the production splash screens at the beginning and the credits at the end has allowed me to fit a video on a single layer DVD without any transcoding. It also makes the post processed AVI file just that much smaller saving valuable hard disk space on a PVP.

DVDclone only allows whole chapter editing.
Nobody says Shrink is a "bad" or "inferior" product (well, at least I don't).
Use CloneDVD2 *and* Shrink. Get the best of both worlds. CloneDVD2 can do all the things Shrink can't do (removing titles while keeping menus, splitting titles while keeping menus, ripping all protections) and vice versa.
If you want to use Shrink - Rip with AnyDVD & CloneDVD. You can even "preprocess" with CloneDVD while ripping. Then use Shrink to compress / finetune / whatever. Or to combine discs created with CloneDVD.

I sometimes do this exactly the same way in preparation for conversion to divx. That is about the only time I use shrink or recode2 anymore. I simply cannot tell the difference between clonedvd2 & shrink or recode. Bad eyes I guess.:agree:

I sometimes do this exactly the same way in preparation for conversion to divx. That is about the only time I use shrink or recode2 anymore. I simply cannot tell the difference between clonedvd2 & shrink or recode. Bad eyes I guess.:agree:
You're not the only one. It's not bad eyes, it's just that, no matter what anybody on this forum says, the difference is minimal.

I've already expressed my thoughts on this matter. I'm not going to be discussing anything further in this thread.

This has all the earmarks of a potential flame war, so I'd advise everyone to please remain civil.

Won't happen.... see what I said in the other thread about the "two-step".
I know when I'm being ankle-bitten on purpose.

-W

Slysoft, first and foremost, is a "business". They sell a product (CloneDVD2) that does what a free product (DVDShrink) does. They are updating AnyDVD to work with their product and not the competition........ not unheard of in the business community. That generates sales for their product resulting in more profit for their business.
I've used Shrink for several years and now I have found alternative methods.

Back