dvd sending email?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by someguy, Jun 26, 2007.

1. someguy

someguy Member

i was at the video shop today and the guy there said the movie people have added a program into new dvds that emails a piracy network alerting them that you have coppied the dvd if you back it up on the computer. anyone heard of this?

2. bjproc

bjproc Well-Known Member

do you believe that ?

3. someguy

someguy Member

not really. but you never know. i figured my firewall would stop any programs from accessing the internet anyway.

4. mike20021969

mike20021969 Well-Known Member

what rot.
    if it was true,whats to stop you copying the dvd on a pc that isnt connected to the internet?
    problem solved.

5. Clams

Clams Well-Known Member

Total BS. Ask him for references, sites etc.... watch him squirm.

-W

6. someguy

someguy Member

went through programs awwloed by my firewall last night and two came to my attention which i have since blocked. copy-discovery 2000 and confidence online EE v5.0

7. Charlie

Charlie Well-Known Member

copy-discovery 2000

confidence online EE v5.0

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246910.pdf

It appears you installed this stuff well maybe not the confidence online EE?

8. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

If it could be done, Sony would have already tried it. Besides that, AnyDVD stops any program from starting that is on the disc.

9. DrinkLyeAndDie

DrinkLyeAndDie Retired Moderator

As has already been said... bogus.

Personally, my response would have been to gasp and throw a hand over my mouth with a horrified look on my face and then say, "Who would pirate DVDs?" I hate idiots like that.

10. someguy

someguy Member

pretty much what i did. :)

11. someguy

someguy Member

thanks, yes copy discovery. i was trying to play bf2 without th cd as it was getting scratched. have since found game jackel. i have found it causes multiple pauses while im playing though.