• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvd regions

kevzep

Hi, how's it going? Having trouble getting my laptop to play dvds from other regions, have given up on the drive thats in it and was considering getting an external unit, can anyone reccomend one that will be region free?
Cheers

Cheers, tried that but it did'nt work, my drive is a Matshita dvd-ram uj-841s, don't know if that makes any difference. thanks again

AnyDVD removes the region for you. :)
i thought it only removed the region code from the dvd copy (ie the region code for the drive has to match the region code for the disc inserted into the drive and then the copy of the original disc is region free-or am i wrong again?).

Thanks a million for that, although its not good news! Can you reccomend an external burner that is easily compatible with anydvd or similar software?
Thanks for your time.

Thanks a million for that, although its not good news! Can you reccomend an external burner that is easily compatible with anydvd or similar software?
Thanks for your time.

Pioneer, Plextor, Sony, some Lite-ons. They make some that are external. I Googled "external enclosures" and saw some external enclosures that you can put an internal drive into. Might be a little cheaper that way in the long run.

I'm not fond of external optical drives but sometime they are a necessity.
An external drive and the internal drive + an external case will be about the same cost.
My personal preference is the internal enclosure+the internal DVDRW.... if/when the drive fails it can be replaced with another internal drive for about $30 US.

Back