• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvd recording problem

DALE

I Have Used Several Intel Procesors (p4) In Two Different Computers. With 2 Gb Memory Or Higher
I Have Used Lite-on, Sony, Memorex And Nec Dvd Burners

Memorex, Verbatim, Sony, Tdk, Kypermedia, Comp-usa Dvd Media.

Almost All Movies That I Have Copied, (80%) Either Stop Or Freeze Or Have Different Spots In The Chapters Where You Get Squares All Over The Screen.

This Does Not Happen With Dvd X Copy

All My Friends That Use Amd Processors, With Same Burners And Media Do Not Have This Problem.

Is This An Intel Problem?

Does Any One Out There Have A Solution To This Problem?

dvd recording problems

My computer has an AMD processor, I am burning with a Sony DRU-710A on Sony DVDs and I am having the same problem. From what I have gathered from other posts on this forum the Sony 710 is a P.O.S. Sounds like your burner is going bad too or try using top grade DVDs.

Most playback problems like both of you are describing can be a result of burning to fast, using cheap low quality media which in my opinion just about all media made in Taiwan except Verbatim and the newer Sony media would be the only two exceptions, and not having your burners firmware upto date. Check and see if you have the latest firmware available for your burner(s) and try reducing your burn speed to half the medias rated burn speed. For example if your using 16X media select 8X burn speed and if using 8X media try selecting 4x burn speed. In my opinion the best media on the market is Taiyo Yuden which can be ordered online from websites like www.supermediastore.com www.rima.com and www.meritline.com, on super media store`s website they carry two line of Taiyo yuden media I would only get their premium line from them, the second best media in my opinion is Verbatim, the newer Sony media is also pretty good. Do a Google search for VSO Inspector you can use that to see what firmware version your drive has and it can also search for an update. Below is a link to the 710A latest firmware update.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=1917

Last edited:
Stay as far away as possible from Memorex and Khypermedia! I also stay away from TDK (had to reburn every movie I originally did on TDK, to better media), although I know the folks at CDFreaks like it. Y'all are welcome to it! :)

Try this:
Go into your Device Manager, and find your drive. Right click on it, and choose "Uninstall". After it uninstalls, reboot, and let Windows detect new hardware, and install new a driver for you.
Good luck!

This helps some folks, and some it doesn't. Having the same problem with so many different drives, seems like this wouldn't help, but you never know. It won't hurt to try it. Have you tried reinstalling Windows, at any time? Something that has corrupted in the OS may be causing this, since it's happened with the different drives. Thay can't all be bad.........

Last edited:
I am using an older computer with an Intel 3,LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S and I rarely have problems. When I initially started recording disks, I used Memorex as well as some bargain DVDs and I would say I ended up throwing about 1/4 of them away because they would freeze or have other issues. I only use Sony +R now and I might have to throw away one out of thirty disks now

Most playback problems like both of you are describing can be a result of burning to fast

I agree. How fast are you burning your movies. Although I have a 18x burner I will never burn at 18x simply because of the way my movies turn out.

TPLAT has offered you some good possibilities. CPU brand will not affect your PC's burning abilities.

Movies freezing

I have my second external Liteon and it seems after about 150 movies burned I started smelling the burn and the movies started freezing just as the first Liteon did. So I know they were cheap burners but I thought they would burn more than that without wearing out. Maybe your burner is just wore out also. Any suggestions on a burner that will last longer.
Thanks,

Iso Image First

I Have Used Several Intel Procesors (p4) In Two Different Computers. With 2 Gb Memory Or Higher
I Have Used Lite-on, Sony, Memorex And Nec Dvd Burners

Memorex, Verbatim, Sony, Tdk, Kypermedia, Comp-usa Dvd Media.

Almost All Movies That I Have Copied, (80%) Either Stop Or Freeze Or Have Different Spots In The Chapters Where You Get Squares All Over The Screen.

This Does Not Happen With Dvd X Copy

All My Friends That Use Amd Processors, With Same Burners And Media Do Not Have This Problem.

Is This An Intel Problem?

Does Any One Out There Have A Solution To This Problem?

Create an Iso Image of the DVD using the software first...this will identify a software vs hardware problem...or at least you'll have an object that you can test burn in several different ways while looking for a solution

I have my second external Liteon and it seems after about 150 movies burned I started smelling the burn and the movies started freezing just as the first Liteon did. So I know they were cheap burners but I thought they would burn more than that without wearing out. Maybe your burner is just wore out also. Any suggestions on a burner that will last longer.
Thanks,

I would venture to guess that the Lite-On external enclosure is your problem. Is it a prebuilt unit from Lite-On or are you using an internal drive w an after market external enclosure? Ive used a lot of Lite-On optical drives (internal) and have never had a bad one.

I've had this problem. I can agree with others burn your movies at a slower speed. I've found that I get the best result at 4X,,It maybe slowyer but i don't have problems that can result in burning at 8x or going for the gold useing the max (18x). I use Sonic white printable disc. After doing a good 500 movies never had problems at 4x speed or problems with disc. I use a Dell Dimemsion 8100 p4, 1g mem. starndard dvd-burner nothing speacial. I get the disc from shop4tech.com they coast 28.00$ a 100, comes with free shipping.

Back