• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD read fails with 8.5.1

Isaac Kaplan

I upgraded to 8.5.1 today and now standard DVD won't rip on either of two drives. I get a FIle IO 3 error.
The discs read fine on a MAC superdrive.
Logfile is attached
Thanks

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.1.0_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD_8.5.1.0_Info_E_EMPTY_DRIVE.ziplog
    26.3 KB · Views: 1
I upgraded to 8.5.1 today and now standard DVD won't rip on either of two drives. I get a FIle IO 3 error.
The discs read fine on a MAC superdrive.
Logfile is attached
Thanks
1) Saying that the update has now caused your drive to stop reading any disc is a bit of a stretch. If that update did do that, there would be hundreds or thousands of reports. Did you try it with more than one disc to see if any other disc works? Did you do an uninstall, then install AnyDVD again to see if the installation was corrupted somehow?

2) A File IO3 error is usually a defective/dirty disk/drive. But an AnyDVD log with a disc in the drive would be helpful, two EMPTY DRIVE logs from the same drive doesn't tell much.

Merry Christmas, and thanks for responding so quickly.
If I could have gotten a log file while in progress, I certainly would have. However the option was always greyed out during the copy, and even as soon as I inserted the disk in the drive and AnvDVD started scanning the create logfile option was grey. Advice on that front would be welcome.
I found I was having trouble with 4 discs in succession; all from the Secret Agent series. I have others I’ll try today.
If I still am out of luck, then I’ll go for the re-install. Originally I was using A-DVD with MYMovies disc copier, but yesterday I tried the stand-alone copy from within the AnyDVD menu in the task bar (Win7).

Back