DVD read fails with 8.5.1

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Isaac Kaplan, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Isaac Kaplan

Isaac Kaplan New Member

I upgraded to 8.5.1 today and now standard DVD won't rip on either of two drives. I get a FIle IO 3 error.
    The discs read fine on a MAC superdrive.
    Logfile is attached
    Thanks

Attached Files:

2. mmdavis

mmdavis Well-Known Member

1) Saying that the update has now caused your drive to stop reading any disc is a bit of a stretch. If that update did do that, there would be hundreds or thousands of reports. Did you try it with more than one disc to see if any other disc works? Did you do an uninstall, then install AnyDVD again to see if the installation was corrupted somehow?

2) A File IO3 error is usually a defective/dirty disk/drive. But an AnyDVD log with a disc in the drive would be helpful, two EMPTY DRIVE logs from the same drive doesn't tell much.

3. Isaac Kaplan

Isaac Kaplan New Member

Merry Christmas, and thanks for responding so quickly.
    If I could have gotten a log file while in progress, I certainly would have. However the option was always greyed out during the copy, and even as soon as I inserted the disk in the drive and AnvDVD started scanning the create logfile option was grey. Advice on that front would be welcome.
    I found I was having trouble with 4 discs in succession; all from the Secret Agent series. I have others I’ll try today.
    If I still am out of luck, then I’ll go for the re-install. Originally I was using A-DVD with MYMovies disc copier, but yesterday I tried the stand-alone copy from within the AnyDVD menu in the task bar (Win7).

4. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

How about removing the dvdfab driver?
    You don't need it, you have AnyDVD.

FurryGuy and whatever_gong82 like this.