• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD-R DL Burners

roadracer

Having trouble with _NEC DVD_RW ND-3550A 1.05 and LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165H6S DL burners RiDATA 4X DVD-R DL 8.5GB discs and latest versions of CloneDVD/AnyDVD. Manufacturer of each burner claims they will burn DVD-R DL discs. DVD-R/+R single and +R DL formats work fine. Any ideas?

As well as updating your firmware, you might want to consider Verbatim for your DL burning...they seem to be ahead of the game when it comes to DL media.

Try some Verbatim or Ty discs. If you use Liggy and Dee's updates, be SURE you choose the 3550A.

Dual layer media: Verbatim is the only name to trust,but in the +R DL. Ritek are 2nd class for +R DL and I'm not sure about their Dash DL media.I've heard taiyo yuden started making dl media,but haven't seen any yet.

+R dl media is the most compatable if booktyped. Remember DL is a totally different format. You'll notice a lower compatability rate with the DL ,vs R and RW media.

I believe the NEC 3550 can booktype +R DL media to dvd-rom,giving you a higher stand alone player compatability rate.Way superior than the dash DL media.

The booktyping can easily be set if using programs like dvd decrypter or ImgBurn.

Another big thing to watch- Burn engines another reason for issues with DL media. Nero6 has issues with the layer break. Nero7 was created to handle the layer break.ImgBurn is one of the Best DL burn programs. I'm not sure how Clonedvd handles the layer break. Dvd decrypter is also a decent DL burning program.Very similar to ImgBurn-with same author-LightningUK. ImgBurn has been updated,dvd decrypter hasn't.

Using Verbatim ..

Dual layer media: Verbatim is the only name to trust,but in the +R DL. :agree:

I believe the NEC 3550 can booktype +R DL media to dvd-rom,giving you a higher stand alone player compatability rate.Way superior than the dash DL media. Yes +R DL does it best, although version 1.05 will let you use -R DL

Another big thing to watch- Burn engines another reason for issues with DL media. Nero6 has issues with the layer break. Nero7 was created to handle the layer break.QUOTE]
:agree: ...I've had numerous times that at the layer break play "pauses" ( I was using Nero 6)
and I have to ffwd the player to resume play.. I'm believing this was caused by Nero 6...thanks for confirming this, perhaps.

Nero 7 still sometimes has that prob-on older set top players you have to fastfoward past the break and then go back. I have an older JVC that way. Newer Toshiba and new Sony don't have that prob. Use verbatim D/L discs

Back