DVD Player refusing to play original DVD's

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by Noodles, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Noodles

Noodles New Member

My Sharp DVD Player/Recorder will now only play burned copies and refuses to recognise original (commercial) movie DVD's. This means a newly purchased DVD will not play on my (stand alone) player, but when processed via ANYDVD/Clone DVD, the copy will play. The originals will play on other DVD Players and on my PC. All DVD originals in my collection have previously played before; this problem has only just occurred. Logic seems to point to the player having self-adjusted to reading (& playing) only those encryption processed. Can this happen or there another solution?

2. Coaster

Coaster Well-Known Member

@ Noodles,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your Sharp DVD Player/Recorder problem doesn’t have anything to do with the either the AnyDVD or CloneDVD software programs.

It appears that your Sharp DVD Player/Recorder problem could possible be corrected by cleaning the read Laser lenses. If cleaning the Laser lenses does not correct the problem it appears that your Sharp DVD Player/Recorder read Laser might be failing which will eventually lead to repairing or replacement purchase.

Regards,
    Coaster