DVD player not seeing DVDs

Discussion in 'General Hardware Issues' started by calvin21144, Oct 25, 2007.

1. calvin21144

calvin21144 New Member

I have been using AnyDVD for about a year and it is wonderful. I recently tried to copy a couple DVDs and shrink says there is no disc in drive. When I insert the disc AnyDVD gives me the scanning message but it does not pop out and go back in like it used to and I never get the box from windows that asks what program I want to use. I also cannot see the disc in Windows Explorer or Media Player. AnyDVD shows the DVD movie name and disc information. AnyDVD says that my hardware region is 0 but in the hardware properties in Windows it says that the region is 1. This may not be an AnyDVD issue but I know you all are smart about these things and would welcome any help you can provide.

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

5. Anydvd can't see or detect my original dvd-video movie disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
    b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
    c) Reboot
    d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)