• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Movie TOWER cannot backup

Robert7532

Just downloaded an installed AnyDVD newest ver. due to having problems making a backup copy of the newly released DVD movie Tower. Cannot get the computer to relize there is a disk inserted into my HP 940 d DVD Writer.
I've tried everything from shaking the machine to talking nice to it, any ideas?

Just downloaded an installed AnyDVD newest ver. due to having problems making a backup copy of the newly released DVD movie Tower. Cannot get the computer to relize there is a disk inserted into my HP 940 d DVD Writer.
I've tried everything from shaking the machine to talking nice to it, any ideas?

1. Do step 8 with the original disc please

2. If Anydvd isn't showing any information at all (from step 1), then
a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Tell me if you see a "video_ts" folder in Windows Explorer (or my computer-->under the appropriate drive letter) for that disc

No Go

When I uninstalled and installed AnyDVD I ran a Regsistry Repair Program rebooted then installed in the same location as the old program. Anyway did what you said, Unistalled the new ver rebooted ran reg fix rebotted. Used Windows Explorer to look at disk nothing there. Computer does not know there is a disk there. Used ! Click and DVDNext to look they did not find anything used Nero still no luck.

Downloaded and installed DVD43 newest ver still no luck!

I really like your program it has halped to unlock DVD's that the others cannot. Then the window you have showing the verious copy protections is cool.

Captain I think we have a problem here!

PS
DVD plays find in a old TIVO Panisonic DVD Player that some of the new movies will not play in. I need your program to convert the DVD over to watch the movie in my old unit.

Uninstall Anydvd

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot

2. Uninstall dvd43

3. Now tell me (with Anydvd uninstalled) if you see a "video_ts" folder in Windows Explorer (or my computer-->under the appropriate drive letter) for that disc

Last edited:
Did as you asked

still computer does not recognize disk is in drive

still computer does not recognize disk is in drive

O.k. Thank you. The issue has nothing to do with Anydvd.

The issue is, your optical drive, for whatever reason, is unable to read the disc.

But this issue you're having has nothing to do with Anydvd.

This has to be a bad disc. Ive had something similar happen. It has nothing to do with AnyDVD or your backup software. Your computer has to recognize the disc before AnyDVD gets to decrypt it and if it can't do that, you've got a bad disc :agree:

This has to be a bad disc. Ive had something similar happen. It has nothing to do with AnyDVD or your backup software. Your computer has to recognize the disc before AnyDVD gets to decrypt it and if it can't do that, you've got a bad disc :agree:

That's one possibility. Another is that it seems plausible to me that if a disc's structure is so badly mangled (on purpose) that some dvd-rom drives wouldn't be capable of reading the disc. Could be a bad driver as well . . .

Another possibility is the drive is slowly dying . . .

Could be a lot of things. It's not an issue with Anydvd though.

Your computer has to recognize the disc before AnyDVD gets to decrypt it

Yes. :agree:

Last edited:
Back