• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Movie Copies Cut Off Near End

tdsouza743

A year ago or so, about one third of my DVD movies would appear to copy ok but when I played them, they would stop about 5 minutes before the end. Bitterly frustrating.

I emailed the AnyDVD support line and they suggested reducing my recording speed to 4X. That appeared to work for 6 months or so. In the last 2 months, the problem has recurred for no obvious reason - no changes in my settings other than the regular AnyDVD updates. Any ideas?

A separate issue - I find movies like 'Ben-Hur' with an intermission built in, only record to the intermission, then stop. Grrrr. Any suggestions or work-arounds?

Thanks in advance for your counsel and guidance.

Regards,

Terry

A year ago or so, about one third of my DVD movies would appear to copy ok but when I played them, they would stop about 5 minutes before the end. Bitterly frustrating.

I emailed the AnyDVD support line and they suggested reducing my recording speed to 4X. That appeared to work for 6 months or so. In the last 2 months, the problem has recurred for no obvious reason - no changes in my settings other than the regular AnyDVD updates. Any ideas?

This isn't an AnyDVD issue at all. The problem occurs during burning and AnyDVD has nothing to do with that. This involves your DVD burner, the software used for burning, and the brand of blank media being used.

What you are describing can be the explained by bad burns. Burning at too high a speed can result in a bad burn resulting in your problems. Using bad brand media (ie Memorex) can also result in an increased chance of bad burns. Combining burning at too high a speed and using bad blank media increases the chances of a bad burn even more. DVD burners do, over time, wear out and can act flakey before dying and that can lead to burning issues, as well. What program is being used for burning? What brand of blank media is being used?

A separate issue - I find movies like 'Ben-Hur' with an intermission built in, only record to the intermission, then stop. Grrrr. Any suggestions or work-arounds?

I don't know how to respond to this because I've never dealt with a disc like this.

Ben Hur

At least one Dvd release of Ben Hur consists of TWO discs for just the movie.

I don't recall if it was two separate discs or a double-sided disc so my guess is that you simply need to backup disc #2 OR the other side of disc #1 to have the complete movie.

There may be other LONG Dvd movies that are also on more than a single disc

Your issue is likely the blank media. Poorly made disks don't have dye all the way to the outer rim. So they break down early if you try to fill htem all the way up. Limit your burn size to 4.2g or smaller to get off the edge a bit.

-W

Back