• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD .iso to BR media

chazz

Ridata has discontinued to manufacture DVD+R DL media.
I have quite a few DVD .iso images that need to be burned to disk.
I tried to burn a DVD .iso to a 25gb BD-R and it failed. What I mean by fail is the disc cannot be read by a BR player.
I have both the latest Sony and Samsung players.
I have had no problem burning data to 25gb or 50gb BD-R.

Is there any procedure or special software that will allow me to burn a DVD .iso's to BD media.
Hope so because the cost of DVD+R DL media is now twice the cost of 25gb BD-R.

Wrong section, AnyDVD doesn't burn at all. Moved.

Burning a DVD ISO to a Blu-ray doesn't magically make it a Blu-ray disc. It's still a DVD structure on the bd-r. Meaning it an invalid structure on the disc type.

No there isn't any special or other software that will let yet do do that. Because doing so violates the DVD and Blu-ray standard which is why none of your players read them.

Then there's also the fact that ridata/ritek produces nothing but crappy blank media, period.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

Ridata has discontinued to manufacture DVD+R DL media.
I have quite a few DVD .iso images that need to be burned to disk.
I tried to burn a DVD .iso to a 25gb BD-R and it failed. What I mean by fail is the disc cannot be read by a BR player.
I have both the latest Sony and Samsung players.
I have had no problem burning data to 25gb or 50gb BD-R.

Is there any procedure or special software that will allow me to burn a DVD .iso's to BD media.
Hope so because the cost of DVD+R DL media is now twice the cost of 25gb BD-R.

Verbatim Double Layer DVDs (Media Code MKM003) aren't really that expensive, have a look here: nierle.de
About the same price per disc as Verbatim Singel Layer BDs.
So if you treasure your DVD ISO images collection buy a bunch of these.

Regards

Wrong section, AnyDVD doesn't burn at all. Moved.

Burning a DVD ISO to a Blu-ray doesn't magically make it a Blu-ray disc. It's still a DVD structure on the bd-r. Meaning it an invalid structure on the disc type.

No there isn't any special or other software that will let yet do do that. Because doing so violates the DVD and Blu-ray standard which is why none of your players read them.

Then there's also the fact that ridata/ritek produces nothing but crappy blank media, period.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.
Wow. I thought this forum was to help people solve a specific problem not get flamed and trashed.

Verbatim Double Layer DVDs (Media Code MKM003) aren't really that expensive, have a look here: nierle.de
About the same price per disc as Verbatim Singel Layer BDs.
So if you treasure your DVD ISO images collection buy a bunch of these.

Regards
I have checked with amazon and the verbatim DL discs have doubled in price also. I also require that the disk be printable.

There's not 1 flaming thing or trashing in my reply. You posted in the anydvd hd Blu-ray issues section with a BURNING to disk question. Since anydvd doesn't burn at all, it is my job as moderator to move incorrectly located topics to a more suitable section. On top of that you had posted the identical message in the dvd issues section too. That is called cross posting and unwanted on any forum.

Now, you asked a question and I answered in detail. You want to burn a DVD structure on a Blu-ray disc. What you want to do simply isn't possible. Not with any software in existence.

Burning a DVD structure on a Blu-ray disc won't magically turn it into a Blu-ray. It will still be a DVD structure. Then there's the issue about the filesystem. DVD's require UDF 1.02, Blu-ray discs require AT LEAST UDF 2.50. what you want to do results in a UDF 1.02 structure on a disc type that needs 2.50.

Your objective is simply not possible due to technical limitations by the DVD and Blu-ray standard. The only way is remotely possible, is to use a product that CONVERTS the DVD structure into a Blu-ray one, but doing so WILL result in loss of any and all original menus and it will NOT upscale the video from DVD to Blu-ray quality.

And yes that's besides the fact that ritek and ridata blanks are cheap and utter crap. That's nothing personal, that's based on years of experience by thousands of users. Anyone in the disc burning community will tell you, feel free to check myce or videohelp. Or simply Google 'ritek burn issues' or something.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Was not sure in which forum my question should have been posted so I posted where I thought I might get an answer.
Your last post actually gave me the answers I needed, thanks.

I have literally burned over 10,000 DVD's using Ridata without a single coaster. The secret to burning any DVD or BR is to burn slow every time. Learned that on videohelp many years ago.

I also design DVD covers and labels so I need good printable media which Ridata provides.

I said nothing different in my first post, the second was just more detailed. As to where to post, as the forum section names suggest 'anydvd hd (DVD issues) or (Blu-ray issues)' are reserved for DVD / Blu-ray related issues with anydvd itself. As anydvd doesn't burn, your question was not even remotely related to anydvd, and I moved it. That's all. Now, if you have more/other questions we're happy to help.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Back