1. RedFox is offering a Xmas discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until December 18, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

DVD from Japan

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (DVD issues)' started by justinhua, Oct 6, 2022.

1. justinhua

justinhua New Member

The DVD cannot be successfully ripped. only 44% of TitleSet 0 was ripped, then AnyDVD said the ripping finished, with TitleSet 1 at 0%. The content AnyDVD ripped is about 57.9 MB and contains only the menu part. ziplog file and a screenshot are attached.

Attached Files:

DeepSpace likes this.
  2. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

AnyDVD doesn't see any possible way how to play the movie, it stops in the title menu of VTS1. How do you "play" the movie on a DVD player? Do you have to press a button? Does it play by itself?

marlowe likes this.
  3. justinhua

justinhua New Member

Never mind, the DVD may be defective. I can play the main movie (title 1) from start to end just fine, but if I select some entries from menu, my DVD drive will spin up and the player will hang and then crash. Tried different software players, same result. I think I have to return it. Thanks for the reply, anyway.

4. dbminter

dbminter Well-Known Member

If you have a standalone DVD player, not a PC software player, try repeating the same above steps that resulted in a crash. If your standalone DVD player can't play at the same part, you can be pretty sure it's the disc. If it doesn't, then you should probably concentrate on your PC DVD drive being the problem.

5. James

James Redfox Development Team Staff Member

If I had to guess, this is a problem caused by some weirdo copy protection acting as a "play protection", too. :)

marlowe likes this.