• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Drive Won't Play my CloneDVD Copies, AnyDVD's Fault?

umanemo

This was a nightmare... The last thing I remember doing was that I Downloaded AnyDVD 6.6.6.0.... The next time I went to play one of my backed-up DVD's the drive just hunted for the directory once then parked. Also interesting was that the directory under "My Computer" changed from "BD-RE Drive (F: )" to "CD Drive (F: )". I started down the research trail and Googled up some quick remedies, I.E.; Refresh DVD Driver, Update Firmware, Clean up System Files, Regedit and others. I did everything and finally resorted to a chat with my friendly Sony Customer Service Tech (Free only for the first 15 minutes) which ended promptly upon the time limit as expected, and you guessed it, not with the "Problem Device Conflict" cured. But the last line of the Chat was interesting in itself; "Shanon" is the Tech;

Shanon_> Let me offer you the BEST DEAL of the day with additional OFFERS!!
Shanon_> Start pitching for the annual plan and continue with the pitch - $199.99
We have a very popular yearly System Uptime Assurance Plan which will save you a lot of hassles and a lot of money in the year to come if you sign up NOW.
Shanon_> I'm sorry for the typo.

Typo indeed! Keep your queue cards to yourself please. Duh... I'm not as think as you Dumb I am! I left the "Pitch" behind and went to bed. So this mornring two things have happened.

1.) Windows has updated my VISTA again, I know this because of the Black Screen at startup that is re-arranging my registry.

2.) I removed and reloaded AnyDVD 6.6.6.0

I tried to play a Studio printed BD-DVD, all's well, it worked beautifully, so do all of my DVD's generated by CloneDVD, and all of my Data disks and CD's read again. I was always able to read Software disks throughout the event.

Can anyone explain? Was there a glitch in 6.6.6.0? or was it most likely the Windows update prior to last nights? This tail chase almost cost me $199 had I fallen for the "Pitch"

stuff happens...

Nice job stiffing that magic wand service. Give them credit for trying.....;)

Loss of the drive or loss of its full identity is ALWAYS a driver taking a walk or the drive lost its identity, loosely put. A DVD drive that reverts to "CD only" has lost its hardware profile. Normally, this means the drive is defective or the logic towards the board has failed. This happened to me on my good-old IBM ThinkPad :(

In your case I would suspect that the device driver took a walk and this does happen from time to time when updating AnyDVD.

You did the right thing. For reference we offer this info:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

which contains related issues. Have fun now.

Back