• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD Drive not recognizing DVD-Rs

sonti_in

Hello All,

I need your help.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with Sony DVD+-RW DW-Q58A. The drive was reading and writing to DVD-R disks without any fuss till date. I have Windows XP MC SP 3, and several updates happened over the last two weeks from the MS Automatic Update. Now, the drive does not recognize any DVD-R but have NO problem in recognizing CDs, DVD+R, DVD+R DLs etc.

As the drive can read DVD formats, I hope it is not a problem with the hardware. But I cannot get any solution working e.g. uninstalling drive, deleting upperfilter and lowerfilter from the registry etc.

I have UDS2 firmware.

Any help will be appreciated!!

Regards,
Sourav

I checked the Sony site and don't see any firmware updates for your drive. I'm afraid my guess is that the drive is failing. I can't see where regular windows updates would cause this.
Could it be only a specific brand of DVD-R it hates? Different brands somethime have different reflectivity etc etc.
-W

Back