• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

dvd drive dissappears

frosty26365

I have just updated my computer and when i install any dvd and restart my dvd/cd drive dissappears, it also is removed from my computer. anyone ?. cheers. :bang:

Uninstall AnyDVD.
Restart your computer.
Does your drive reappear?

This has also happened to me today (after installing a new CD drive)...

I have uninstalled Any DVD & still no DVD drive appears on My Computer after restarting.

(I have a CD drive + a DVD drive. The CD drive was just replaced as it was faulty.)

Any advice welcome, many thanks.

Last edited:
Another clue...

When I pull the 40pin data cable from the rear of the CD drive, the DVD drive reappears on My Computer (as D drive).

Reconnecting the datacable to CD drive, DVD drive disappears.

Just why i joined the forms

I joined the forms today as I had this issue twice now. I got a new computer this week and the dvd/cd rom was fine. I ran recovery discs when i first started the computer, no problem. Installed a bunch of programs off my external drive, went to install my one disc based (Dreamweaver) and the drive wasn't working. Thought, that sucks, unplugged the data cable, plugged back in, power was working as it opened and closed, played around, could not restore to earlier as the computer wasn't set with system restore points turned on so there was no restore point.

Making my story short, I arranged for an exchange and start uninstalling all my software, removing passwords, auto log in's etc and low and behold, I uninstall AnyDVD, Version 6.0.8.2 I believe (it's older but worked on my old pc, so was trying it on the new one), and the cd/dvd drive suddenly shows up and tries to play the movie i had left in the drive to test it after Dreamweaver wouldn't install.

So I sent my pc back cause they had already mailed me an exchange but really I think there is no problem with the drive, but a conflict with AnyDVD. When I get the new pc I'm almost afraid to install, i can use my old pc to burn my movie back ups.

I had this happen when i bought my last pc also and just installed a different drive, cd only that i had laying around, no burn and it always worked fine after that so I never put it down as anything but a broken drive.. hence I suspected it might be a conflict with some software but my sons (both college degree holders in network security, computer geeks, etc, were like, no can't be a conflict, your drive just quit working). I did unplug the data cables and the drive and tried to get windows to reinstall but none of that worked.

Hi, A couple of weeks ago, the DVD writer in the laptop suddenly disappeared fromMy Computer (Windows Explorer). The first thing I did was checkDevice Manager to see if the drive was there. It was not. Rebooting the laptop did nothing. Repeated several times, checked Vista for updates.

Same problem with my laptop. Now it is on a service to see will it be repaired or not.

DVD dissappears

It seems that many of us have had this problem, but I haven't seen any answers or suggestions posted by the support staff. I have a desktop with a Sony DVDRW DRU-810A, & a laptop with a HP TX2000 445955-HCO DS-8A1P. They both have AnyDVD 7.1.9.0, and CloneDVD 2.9.3.0. The laptop has lost the DVD drive completely, & the desktop ,after use of AnyDVD, the DVD in the tower starts being recognized as a CD player only. I uninstalled both programs from my laptop, and restarted it but still no DVD is recognized. If I reboot the desktop, I can get the DVD drive back after restart, but loose it again after CloneDVD gets done burning a disk. This is how the problem started on the laptop, but it progressed to the point where I have no recognized DVD drive at all in the laptop, and I would love to find a solution to this before I loose the drive in both machiines & have to reinstall OS's, if that even helps...............

Old problem

It seems that many of us have had this problem, but I haven't seen any answers or suggestions posted by the support staff. ...

Pick one machine to run the products on, please. We don't sell this as shareware. During the 20% sale is a good chance to add seats.

How well did you look? This is after all a USER Forum and support people are not always looking here.

You overlooked this:

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559

and this

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=56289

Clarify please: I uninstalled both programs from my laptop, and restarted it but still no DVD is recognized
Does that mean you uninstalled and still had the problem?

Last edited:
Back