• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

DVD drive disapearing in Windows Vista

pwsabm

When I install AnyDVD under Windows Vista, my DVD drive disappears from my computer.

I have to perform the following in the registry to make it re-appear

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Highlight the "upperFilters" and "LowerFilters" if any and go to edit-delete.

When I do this the DVD drive returns, but AnyDVD indicates that it can not find the drive.
So currently I am not running AnyDVD, and would like to get it running.

Any thoughts??

When I install AnyDVD under Windows Vista, my DVD drive disappears from my computer.

I have to perform the following in the registry to make it re-appear

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet001\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Highlight the "upperFilters" and "LowerFilters" if any and go to edit-delete.

When I do this the DVD drive returns, but AnyDVD indicates that it can not find the drive.
So currently I am not running AnyDVD, and would like to get it running.

Any thoughts??
What version of Vista?
What version of AnyDVD? (6.1.1.3, I hope)

I am having the same issue and using the same solution with Windows XP Pro. So I don't think this problem is native to only Windows Vista.

I also use CloneDVD2. I noticed this happend just after I updated AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 to the newest versions.

Does anyone have an idea what causes this issue?

missing dvd drive

I too am missing my dvd drive. I had to replace the "recording" or "burning" drive when I started to back up dvds's. Since then the hardware was detected, and it show as drive "e" when I go to my computer. The drive that is the "player" is showing as the "d" drive. I cannot burn anything to a dvd except movies thru dvd shrink or clone dvd. I have the newest versions of slysoft any dvd. I can also burn cd's. However, I cannot get any other programs to burn to cd or dvd like windows movie maker (for picture slide shows) because there is no drive detected. Very strange?? I don't know how to fix this, any suggestions? thx

p.s. I only have windows xp on my dell deminsion 4300

Back